• 7(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13630
Another crash dump tool: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/BugTrap.aspx
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sagalout Wrote:Hi guys, first time post Smile

I've been a fan of XBMC for many years now and struggling with mediaportal since changing to a HTPC for hidef material.

Just wanted to say that the work on this is awesome. I dont have much to contribute, but re the ISO issue, deperz is correct. The dll is there but if you replace it with one from a previous build ISOs (and IMG files) start working.

If you cant find the dll I've uploaded mine which is from an intermediate build which is definitely working on my system. As far as I'm concerned this is now a complete replacement for mediaportal as everything I need works flawlessly so a huge thanks from me to all the dev team.

Heres a link to the file I uploaded, just replace it in the path as sepcified by deperz (XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\libdvdcss-2.dll). As I say this works on mine but you might want to back up a copy of your file first.

http://www.engageinteractive.co.uk/xbmc.zip

Hope that helps some of you

bigbw Wrote:I replaced the libdvdcss-2.dll with one from the tch build i run on my xbox and iso's play now, but I have ati video problem, even with the old ati drivers that used to work fine.. will try it on my laptop..

bw

Hitcher Wrote:Replacing the libdvdcss-2.dll does indeed work, thanks guys.

WiSo Wrote:libdvdcss issue fixed in svn. Apparently a bug I made Oo

The DLL Fix still work on the next Rev?

WiSo Wrote:xbmc.exe -p -> platform mode is used, \documents and settings\user\appdata\xbmc\userdata

xbmc.exe -> normale mode, \xbmc_install_dir\userdata

waldo22 Wrote:@ Soder, see here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=260464

@ zeuss,

The %appdata% variable folder (in Windows XP) is:

c:\documents and settings\YourUsername\Application Data

It's hidden, so if you can't see it, then, in any folder, go to tools -> Folder options -> show hidden files and folders, and it should show up.

then go to:

c:\documents and settings\YourUsername\Application Data\xbmc\userdata

and put advancedsettings.xml in there, and it should work.

-Wes

Livin Wrote:I just installed this for the first time tonight... on a fresh install of Vista x64 SP1.

This is VERY unstable and all I'm doing is setup, not even tried to play a video or music yet!

Problems seen...
random crashes - did it while entering 'sources', or just "looking around"
XBMC window display (not in full screen) goes black but the cursor works Huh
at times XBMC will just hang - must kill task

Hardware... ASUS P5B Deluxe mobo, 4 GB RAM, NVidia 8600GTS video card

Any ideas how to make stable?
It doesn't help if you open posts in three different threads with the same topic. You've got the answer in the other threads.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:It doesn't help if you open posts in three different threads with the same topic. You've got the answer in the other threads.

There have been times older versions of apps have worked better for people, especially with a hack / patch. I have had that situation several times. I am looking for the answer but its not as obviously stated so Im asking to find the best alternative.
freezer Wrote:Continuing to test; believe answering my own question - the issue with the VIA mini itx boards is the video drivers and opengl support....

Did you find a solution? I have the exact same problem om my system.

--
Bart
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 136300