• 4(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13630
WiSo Wrote:glinfo was mentioned in another thread by charly and shows some driver information, e.x. the supported gl extension.

Found it. Here's the report for the driver that worked on 12822.
http://www33.brinkster.com/badaro/glinfo.htm

I can also post a report for the newest driver, if you think it'll help.

-- Phelps
sagalout Wrote:Looks perfect here. Which dll are youu using? the one I posted or another one?

i'm using the one that was posted earlier
Phelps Wrote:I can also post a report for the newest driver, if you think it'll help.
Not needed because I should get my mac mini ready this week to test it with XP3 and XBMC
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
make sure u're using a libdvdcss provided from one of the older archives and not from t3ch. Latter one is "optimized" for xbox.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Well I've been lurking here for years and figured maybe it's time I finally register.. Just want to thank WiSo and everyone involved for doing what you do.. Because of you my Xbox is on the shelf in the garage..

This latest build gives me far less crashes than any other.. Only thing I noticed is I can't get to fullscreen 1920x1080.. The resolution changes, but it's still windowed.. Anyone else have this problem?

Did a fresh install, fullscreen doesn't work.. Tried both 1920x1080 and 1920x1080 (full screen)
Deleted everything and installed 13239 installer.. Fullscreen works..
Reinstalled 13630 and fullscreen still doesn't work unless I replace the .exe with the older installer..

Not sure what I'm missing here since I haven't seen anyone else mention this.. Other than that, everything else has been working perfect for me with no crashes.. Using Vista Ultimate 64..
Tension113 Wrote:Because of you my Xbox is on the shelf in the garage..

Being an xbox user, that makes me Sad There are media starved children in rual america that could use that.
start xbmc with -fs tag i believe.. or is it obsolete...
icekiller Wrote:start xbmc with -fs tag i believe.. or is it obsolete...

Well I feel silly.. I never had to do that with any of the past versions, but I apparently I do with this one.. Works fine now.. Thank you..
libdvdcss issue fixed in svn. Apparently a bug I made Oo
Originally Posted by Tension113
Because of you my Xbox is on the shelf in the garage..

Use it in a spare room? Still a great bit of kit!... mine is still the main XBMC machine in the house... its still got life in it and will only go kicking and screaming!
So here is a thing I do not understand. I have my xbmc running on an XP MCE machine. I have XBMC as a shortcut on the desktop. So I figured I would setup XP MCE for live tv and recording for now until a better myth backend solution is available. I try to add XBMC to the XP MCE other programs group which will allow me to launch XBMC inside windows.

so it is quote simple just load up the MMC for XP MCE other programs then I make a shortcut in that window to the xbmc.exe location and then launch mce. Now here is the weird thing. I load up XP mce goto more programs and launch XBMC and it launches. but it launches in a window like it is a new install.

I am trying to figure out why another shortcut of XBMC is not using the same Userdata folder as the XBMC on the desktop within the ehome shell. The shortcut on the desktop is all setup sources, weather, network etc..full music and video libraries.

any ideas. I can just shutdown the MCE window and run xbmc from the desktop of course but it is nice to have it launch directly from MCE as then I do not need to goto the windows enviroment at all from a reboot or boot up.

Thx,

Dave
rodercot Wrote:So here is a thing I do not understand. I have my xbmc running on an XP MCE machine. I have XBMC as a shortcut on the desktop. So I figured I would setup XP MCE for live tv and recording for now until a better myth backend solution is available. I try to add XBMC to the XP MCE other programs group which will allow me to launch XBMC inside windows.

so it is quote simple just load up the MMC for XP MCE other programs then I make a shortcut in that window to the xbmc.exe location and then launch mce. Now here is the weird thing. I load up XP mce goto more programs and launch XBMC and it launches. but it launches in a window like it is a new install.

I am trying to figure out why another shortcut of XBMC is not using the same Userdata folder as the XBMC on the desktop within the ehome shell. The shortcut on the desktop is all setup sources, weather, network etc..full music and video libraries.

any ideas. I can just shutdown the MCE window and run xbmc from the desktop of course but it is nice to have it launch directly from MCE as then I do not need to goto the windows enviroment at all from a reboot or boot up.

Thx,

Dave
yea i noticed this issue too like it's to seperate userdata files
i was playin around with it last night tryin to install aeon skin and i noticed this when i was shutting it down and starting it back up
every thing is working fine, except.. when I start a movie (from iso), and then stop the move, the text on the screen is all blocks.. This is a dell laptop with core 2 duo and nvidia gforce go 8400 gs with 128meg mem.. if i shut down xbmc and then restart, no prolblem.. any ideas.

bw
I did the install last night before. I install as clean deleted the previous install. Back up my user/documents and setting.../Userdata folder.

installed and replaced the above Userdata folder but I still had to reset XBMC completely and then I had no music or videos in my libraries. I then overwrote the Userdata folder in /program files/xbmc and my videos and libraries came back as well all my original settings.

had the same issue as most with the libdvdcss and -fs issues they only thing now I see is that when a video is done normally it would stop and take me back to the library now it is just sitting with a black screen and seems like it is looping Huh my display on my rcvr keeps changing from DD to 2 channel until I hit stop on the remote it does not return to the menu

How do we know which Userdata folder is being used in each build at some point I can see the wrong one being backed up and loosing data.

Thanks,

Dave
xbmc.exe -p -> platform mode is used, \documents and settings\user\appdata\xbmc\userdata

xbmc.exe -> normale mode, \xbmc_install_dir\userdata
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 136300