Periodic video slowdown/jump - Mac Mini 2009
Due to a weird library issue I decided to rebuild my Kodi machine (MySQL server database on this system as well).  Prior to rebuild playback was perfect.  After rebuild I have not been able to find a solution for what I am seeing yet, which is every so often the video will suffer a slowdown/pause/jump type event.  During this the audio continues.  I have not been able to nail down specific points this happens or identified if it happens upon regular time intervals.  My guess is that this has something to do with video output settings and frame rate and the source video not matching the output settings such that periodically it has to "catch up".  I've looked through all the settings but as of yet have not found anything that seems to affect this though.  Content is on a Drobo NAS and at one point early in the process I had this issue but much more severe.  Rebooting the NAS helped, but has not for these more minor and much more intermittent issues since (but not ruling that out entirely).  I have two Amazon Fire TV boxes that connect to the SQL database/Library and play the same content but do not see the issue there, plus lack of audio jumps makes me think it has to do with output audio/video sync settings not jiving.  I output video with a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter to a Yamaha receiver which then sends to a 1080p Samsung display.  Audio is output with optical TOSLINK cable to the Yamaha receiver. Settings on Yamaha/TV have not changed since prior setup.

Any input here or tips on what to look at to determine if I do have a frame rate or refresh rate sync issue?
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Periodic video slowdown/jump - Mac Mini 20090