Solved AVI audio is out of sync since 18.0
I have the same exact issue... since 18, 17.6 works fine
On my 2016 Sony tv (65X8505C, Android 7) I had no issues playing Mpeg2/mp3 videos in Kodi 18.2. On my new 2019 Sony (65XG8599, Android 8) I have the audio out of sync issue with those same videos. I will try 17.6
I have lots of xvid avi files, that play flawless on my Nvidia Shield TV (have several different versions of the Shield TV around the house, both old and new). Could it be the type of Android device you are using that is causing this issue?
It happens on my new Shield TV, hooked up to TV HDMI, and TV sends optical to receiver.

However, I don't have any AVIs, it happens to me with dolby content.
Hmm, I am connected to a receiver (Denon) using HDMI, also have a few shields connected to Vizio Soundbars, none display these issues.
(2019-06-19, 12:15)powersurge Wrote: On my 2016 Sony tv (65X8505C, Android 7) I had no issues playing Mpeg2/mp3 videos in Kodi 18.2. On my new 2019 Sony (65XG8599, Android 8) I have the audio out of sync issue with those same videos. I will try 17.6
I converted the avi files to h264/AC3 mkv's and no more out of sync issues
I've found a solution to the ongoing inability of Kodi on Android to play AVI/Xvid files. I installed SPMC, an older fork of Kodi.

All my old AVI files now play perfectly. No need to install any weird config files, or even change any of the default settings. And no need to switch to a different OS. (Clearly, Android is NOT to blame.)

SPMC hasn't been updated in a while (the version number is 16.x), but at least it does play all the common media formats.
Same issue for me Sad if enable hw decoders...
(2019-07-09, 22:35)srtwilek Wrote: Same issue for me Sad if enable hw decoders...
That's why I won't go along anymore after years and won't install and test & use Kodi v19 anymore, not even the final! I still use Kodi 17.6 and 18 in exceptional cases.

The developers have decided to leave the half-finished Kodi v18 and work senselessly on a v19. I can't understand how to deliver such an unfinished version and then not even fix the worst bugs. And I regard problems in the video player as a core function!

Well, I call that developing past the fans. Sad! I'm not going to convert all my AVIs now if Kodi 17.6 plays them all smoothly.

And I'm not even beginning to report how buggy the Android TV integration of v18 is or the many bugs still open in this version in the bug tracker...

BTW: And this can no longer be FFMPEG's fault, because with SW decoding these videos run even with the current version with ffplay or vlc without errors. Only not in Kodi.
Your monologue won't help. Kodi's Videoplayer is enitrely unmaintained, as of now there won't even be fixes for v19. Thanks very much for driving also the last developers away by your constant nagging about features in a free software.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-07-10, 22:19)fritsch Wrote: Your monologue won't help. Kodi's Videoplayer is enitrely unmaintained, as of now there won't even be fixes for v19. Thanks very much for driving also the last developers away by your constant nagging about features in a free software.
I'm sorry about that, and I didn't know.

But then you shouldn't start a new version (v19) if there are developers neither for Android nor for the Videoplayer. And a hint would also have been good, that Kodi is currently only in "maintenance mode" until there are enough developers again.

Please understand me, I'm a longtime fan of Kodi and you, but it's unsatisfactory if you set bugs and nobody cares. Not even an answer that the bug is known, but can't be fixed at the moment (with the exception of DaVukovic, who actually always does that). No, on the contrary, your "boss" is only grumbling at his fans! And I just wanted to provide a little more motivation here, from the point of view of your fans ;-)

Ok, no matter, I won't post any more bug reports and I won't complain anymore that nothing is going on at the moment. If you know the background, that's no problem.

And I don't think I'm responsible for the dilemma, there are other known reasons why many very good developers left the team.
We can't make it right. No matter how we do it.

Yes, unfortunately the dev responsible/highly involved for videoplayer has left the team. Fortunately he's still willing to help and is actively doing that (which is a really great plus). But not with the same time-effort he has done before (which is understandable). If we now say, there won't be a v19 version of Kodi, ppl will start to claim that "Kodi is dead" and what not. If we start the development of Kodi 19 and Kodi 18 still has bugs, ppl claim "how we dare to call this a stable version". So yeah...we can't make it right.

From my POV there's no problem if ppl start to claim. Critics are always good, even if they are bad. But it's the way "how" they do it. Being disrespectful is something I really dislike. My definition of being disrespectful is, if ppl are nagging how shitty Kodi is and that the devs don't give a f**k about the users. If you think those bugs won't be read, then you are wrong! You also have to understand that ALL!!! of the devs who are working on Kodi are doing that in their free time...next to their jobs, their family, their friends, their other hobbies and interests they might have (yes, Kodi isn't the only thing ppl are interested in) and some real life shit which also comes up from time to time (even not in our world everything works as ideal as we would like to have it). So...if you start to demand or blame the Kodi devs in a way which could be considered "disrespectful" then make a 2nd thought if it's really worth doing that because:

- we don't work for anyone in regard of Kodi
- you don't pay anyone or anything in regard of Kodi

Also make thoughts if it gets you any further by being rude to the devs. Ask yourself if you will get more motivated if someone is being rude against you.

Reporting bugs is ALWAYS! welcome. If a bug won't be reported then there's nearly 0 chance that it might get fixed. Just don't expect it will be fixed instantly. It will be fixed....probably....maybe it needs some time. Maybe it will never be fixed. But you can't expect that a bug is instantly fixed simply becuse it's reported. Be patient. That helps most. Wink
(2019-07-11, 14:47)DaVu Wrote: We can't make it right. No matter how we do it.
Okay, that's arrived. Fully agree with you. Please excuse me again, I didn't know the background of the developers on such a scale!
(2019-07-11, 14:47)DaVu Wrote: If we now say, there won't be a v19 version of Kodi, ppl will start to claim that "Kodi is dead" and what not.

Don't worry about what people claim. They'll say their thing but then look like fools when 18.4 is released. Then 18.5. Then 18.6. Etc.
(2019-07-13, 20:59)ProjectVRD Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 14:47)DaVu Wrote: If we now say, there won't be a v19 version of Kodi, ppl will start to claim that "Kodi is dead" and what not.

Don't worry about what people claim. They'll say their thing but then look like fools when 18.4 is released. Then 18.5. Then 18.6. Etc.  

Aye, but it's hard to develop and move forwards when developers retire unless someone else steps up to fill that void.  Means some platforms may be better supported/developed than others I guess.  Still, this has been the way for a few years now, but as everyone gives their time, knowledge and experience for free you can't knock it.  People will come and go but I hope the project continues for sometime yet.  Even if it slowly grinds to a halt, V18 pretty much covers my needs for now and will do for probably a few years yet.  I don't necessarily need updates (although bug-fixes are always good) and I could sit on V18 and my current OS versions for a good few years if I needed to.

That said, new features and progression of existing ones is always a good thing.  I appreciate every contribution to Kodi from every team-member and also from those that aren't team-members but still contribute to the project in some way.  Hopefully Kodi will continue forwards for some time yet !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AVI audio is out of sync since 18.01