GSOC 2019 - Interested in working on "Add a picture library"
I don't think there was.
@Razze i was thinking for the last days on additions for picture analysis and after that,  i have came up with these analysis which made me to change my project timeline:-

In the Picture Analysis:

i 'll take some analysis depending on user interaction with the pictures i 'll take: -
(1) No. of clicks on a picture: how many times user clicked on a picture?
(2) Time Picture has been viewed: how much total time did user view a picture?
(3) last time Picture has been viewed: when last time user viewed this picture?

all these analysis i 'll use it later on in Picture Interface & Additions to "sort by" & filters

"sort by" currently has these sorting: -
1)Name
2) Size
3) Date
4) Date taken
5) File

I ‘ll add to it :-
6) No. of clicks
7) total time viewed
8) last time viewed

9) Date Added To the library (if they all added in the same time, then we ‘ll sort it by date of the picture) – the benefit from this you can sort the pictures to see the newest picture added to kodi picture library

"Filters“ not created yet” so I ‘ll make it and add to it: -
1) None : all pictures "default"
2) Resolution : SD (less than 720) - HD (720 width) - FHD (1080 width) - UHD (4k or more)
3) Viewed : from no. of clicks of a picture if a picture has been viewed (no. of clicks > 0) 
4) Non-Viewed :  from no. of clicks of a picture if a picture hasn't been viewed (no. of clicks == 0) 
5) type: (jpg, png , tiff, gif)

In last, I ‘ll make the picture library interface, the main layout for the picture library, I have thought about these things until now: -

I ‘ll add in the picture interface “rolling views as in movies”
1) last Viewed Pictures: get limit 20 to 30 pictures with sort descending by” last time viewed”
2) Most Viewed Pictures: get limit 20 to 30 pictures with sort descending by” No. of clicks”
3) Longest Time Viewed Picture: get limit 20 to 30 pictures with sort descending by “total time viewed”
4) non viewed pictures: get limit 20 to 30 pictures with (no of clicks = 0)
5) recently added to kodi library: get limit 20 to 30 pictures with sort descending by “Date Added To the library”

In picture interface view , I ‘ll add boxes also on the top same as  in movies that has
1) Recently added: when click on it open the picture library with sorting by “Date Added To the library”
2) Recently Viewed: when click on it open the picture library with sorting by “last time viewed”
3) last Viewed Pictures: when click on it open the picture library with sort by “last time viewed”
4) longest viewed pictures: when click on it open the picture library with sort by “total time viewed”
5) non viewed pictures: when click on it open the picture library with filter “non-viewed”
6) SD Pictures: when click on it open the picture library with filter “SD”
7) HD Pictures: when click on it open the picture library with filter “HD”
8) FHD Pictures: when click on it open the picture library with filter “FHD”
9) UHD Pictures: when click on it open the picture library with filter “UHD”

I have changed also the timeline of the project and ‘ll make the picture library interface in phase 3 instead of phase 2 as the picture library interface ‘ll depend a lot on the additions to “sort by” & filters
Phase I : picture loading (database + insert Pictures metadata + get from Database)

Phase II: Picture analysis, additions to “Sort by” , Filters and refresh library
Phase III: Picture Library Interface + documentations + revisions

This ‘ll be the main outline of my project timeline (details 'll be in the document), I ‘ll update my project proposal document and re-upload it again, if there is any feedback on these changes I ‘m glad to hear it.
This is my final proposal version for "Add a picture Library" idea !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/103k1e62...sp=sharing

thanks for everyone here in kodi (mentors/users), it was good to know kodi better in these last 3 weeks and see it from the inside, kodi really have great developers and great community and as i hope i 'll be in that community with you in this summer period and after that.

Special thanks for @Razze and @jjd-uk for the help you gave me Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSOC 2019 - Interested in working on "Add a picture library"0