How closely does the Windows version keep up to Linux version?
I was going to use the Linux version but having problems getting my USB-UIRT (IR receiver) working with Linux. I'm not a Linux hater but I've wasted 2 days on getting it working when it takes 2 seconds in Windows so Linux is trying hard to make me hate it.

Anyway... I'm just wondering how closely the Win version keeps up with Linux on updates/patches/etc.

Does XBMC work on a Vista x64 or XP x64?

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Windows XBMC running in full glory here on a Quad Core, 4Gb RAM, 8800 Nvidia GFX, nForce Chipset and Vista Ultimate 64Bit! Its great!

I would of thought it would be a few months behind unfortunatly but hopefully it will catch up... the latest version has my Xbox worrid trust me!

I'm the same I try not to hate Linux but geeessssss does it have a dam good go!
The ports a based on the same sources only some platform dependent thinks are different.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I know the port is based on the same code, but that does not mean - by default, that all the same features are working. I REALLY think that the Windows version has a ton of potential with Vista Media Center (for PVR) & Sideshow remotes... I'm about to sh!t-can Linux as it is just too much of a PITA and going to load Vista Ultimate x64.

Anyone know if there are any plans to support Sideshow remotes with XBMC?
why would we want to use such platform dependent crap? such platform dependent crap can however use our event server
@Affini,
I am actually using both Linux and Windows versions. TBH there are no "deal-breaking" issues with Windows that I have seen so far. As mentioned earlier, it is based on the same code so they are very similar. In fact the only issue I have had with the Windows build is the ati.dll issue but a quick search of the forums here solved that right quick. Oh, one more thing. My windows pc is slow as crap with a horrible monitor. That is the main reason I use linux xbmc more often Wink
Vista Ultimate x64! good choice!! Got a pretty beefy PC with it on but my Vista machine flys! and XBMC loaded and worked first time on it.
spiff Wrote:why would we want to use such platform dependent crap? such platform dependent crap can however use our event server

good question (even if it was less than elegantly asked) Eek

reason is... there is nothing like it in OSX or Linux... sideshow is a GREAT concept that allows two way communications very inexpensively and allows you a level of control nothing can give you with exception of very expensive systems costing several times as much.

thanks for asking! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How closely does the Windows version keep up to Linux version?0