• 31(current)
Best XBMC HTPC Hardware with HDMI / HD / 1080p + HDMI Audio
hi!
here are already 45 sites of knowledge, maybe there is already lots of answers here, but let me please ask again:
i have a home server hw setup is: ASUS C8HM70-I/HDMI (or will be some similar low power usage board. not bought yet, only planing 'cause i have a D945GCLF2 right now but it has no pcie and i need it for the dvb-s card)
tevii s471, 3tb hdd, etc etc.. my point is that i have a server what deals with all the "heavy stuff" like tvheadend backend, ssh, fileserver (samba), ftp client+server, and so on..
my question would be at least Smile what is the smallest cheapest and the most power efficient "thing" i can use as a htpc? i was thinking about raspberry pi but it has problems with decoding some stuff dunno someone wrote that the rbpi cant play/decode all the video/audio. i have a yamaha rx-v1600 thx hdmi receiver and an lg 50pa6500 plasma.
and a fine design ms-1200 htpc case with a small "pcb psu" what i would sell if the rbpi could play all.
so if no rbpi than i would get another c8hm70-i but its a bit over-dose for an openelec xbmc htpc i guess.
any idea?
thanks folks!

@nickr: GOD i havent looked the date of the last post Smile sry!
@rigo please don't resurrect ancient threads. Start your own, or read some of the more recent threads where the same question has been answered many time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC HTPC Hardware with HDMI / HD / 1080p + HDMI Audio3