Replacing Dell MediaDirect with XBMC
Being quite the XBMC fan, I had recently decided to try to replace the built-in MediaDirect application (installed as a Windows XP Embedded partition which loads upon pressing the HOME key when the machine is shut down).

After patching it so I can install software on that partition, I had tried to run XMBX.EXE using the most up to date installer. However, the executable doesn't run (read: nothing happens). I haven't found any log files or any messages to give me any indication of what's gone wrong.

Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!
Maybe a good starting point is a list of required software and foundational services (DirectX?), Runtime packages? .Net?

Anyone?
it probably needs the whoel windows gui but thats purely a guess on my part not sure embedded would be enough
XBMC behaves the same if there's no OpenGL support. Try glinfo and see if it supports some opengl extensions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Tried running glinfo2.exe (from Delphi3D) but got nothing (application dies without any results). Ideas?
yarongolan Wrote:Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!

Please check out the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mwav4zznzw...ToXBMC.zip

It should get you started. I need sleep or I'd see about fixing the remaining issue with XBMC not taking focus when it's run.
(2008-10-18, 16:22)hastarin Wrote: It should get you started. I need sleep or I'd see about fixing the remaining issue with XBMC not taking focus when it's run.

1. Open Start >> Run and type “regedit” (without quotes)
2. Navigate to the following path:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
3. Right Click on the empty space and create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value named ‘ForegroundLockTimeout’, set or modify the value to 0. (this value will cause the application to take the focus instantly.)
4. That’s it Done, exit registry and restart windows for changes to come into effect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing Dell MediaDirect with XBMC0