SHIELD specific instructions for increasing the recently added movies in KODI 18
I have googled how to do this and most of the tutorials seem to be for either Windows or for an older version of Kodi. 

Basically, I would like to increase the number of displayed  titles from the default 25 to 50. Can someone please provide a tutorial for how this can be done on an NVIDIA SHIELD setup?
So 87 views without a solution tells me that I'm not the only one. I finally pieced together this solution so I'll share...

Use a text editor to create a file named advancedsettings.xml. Paste this into the file and save it as .xml file

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

copy this file into this path on the SHIELD

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

NOTE: It is a hidden file so you will need to enable the "show hidden files" function on your file manager.

Reboot KODI and voila, you now have 50 slots for recently added movies. You can edit the file for any number you'd like. I chose to double it from the default 25 to 50.
(2019-04-17, 19:46)crutzulee Wrote: NOTE: It is a hidden file so you will need to enable the "show hidden files" function on your file manager.

Ehm... It's not the file that is hidden, it is the .kodi profile folder. Notice the dot at the start of the folder name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SHIELD specific instructions for increasing the recently added movies in KODI 180