Favorites on the NAS possible?
In the past, i tried to get my favorites on the NAS, for the use op 2 RPI`s with shared databases on the NAS.  But that was never possible.
I hope that now with the new Kodi Leia, some how its possible, or still no change to do this?

Thanks
System: Rpi4 - LibreELEC 10.0.3 - Kodi 19.3 - Aeon MQ8 - [TV]Samsung LED55 - Sony STR-DH700     NAS=Rpi3-OpenMediaVault
What do you mean by, "favorites on the NAS?"
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Sorry, I know my english is terrible. 

I like to to move the favorites.xml file to the NAS, so both Rpi use the same favorites.xml file (on the NAS)
Like they already uses the same databases for music en movies.
I hope somebody found a solution, something like a  Symbolic link, or something in the advancedsettings.xml, or "Special Protocol"
So add a bookmark on the RPI in the living room, and watch this bookmark in the sleeping room.
And vice versa.
System: Rpi4 - LibreELEC 10.0.3 - Kodi 19.3 - Aeon MQ8 - [TV]Samsung LED55 - Sony STR-DH700     NAS=Rpi3-OpenMediaVault
(2019-04-21, 09:44)nono123 Wrote: Sorry, I know my english is terrible. 

I like to to move the favorites.xml file to the NAS, so both Rpi use the same favorites.xml file (on the NAS)
Like they already uses the same databases for music en movies.
I hope somebody found a solution, something like a  Symbolic link, or something in the advancedsettings.xml, or "Special Protocol"
So add a bookmark on the RPI in the living room, and watch this bookmark in the sleeping room.
And vice versa.

Path substitution (wiki) is probably what you are looking for (set up in advancedsettings.xml (wiki), which you may need to manually create)?

Something like

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
<to>PROTOCOL://YOUR_NETWORK_SHARE/kodi/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Where of course you'd need to set your smb (or whatever) path to point at your NAS share, and make sure there are suitable permissions on it so that it the devices can read/write to it.

See also here for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Substituting favourites.xml works well up until krypton.  With leia onwards you'll get unpredictable results, as if you update favourites on one machine that change won't be reflected on the other(s).  If you're using it (favourites.xml) as a read-only file it will work fine.
Thanks for the input.
My advancedsettings.xml look like this:
xml:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.178.12</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </videodatabase> 
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.178.12</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
  </videolibrary>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/favourites.xml</from>
      <to>smb://RPI-NAS/Films/Kodi/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
    </substitute>
   </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Its works a little, but its true that the last added favourites disappear, when adding a favorite on the other Rpi. When rebooting the RPI its reads the favorites.xml on the NAS again, and then it works fine.
But that not ideal.

Can you explain what you mean by this, plaese?
Quote:If you're using it (favourites.xml) as a read-only file it will work fine.
(2019-04-23, 10:35)nono123 Wrote: Its works a little, but its true that the last added favourites disappear, when adding a favorite on the other Rpi. When rebooting the RPI its reads the favorites.xml on the NAS again, and then it works fine.
But that not ideal.

Can you explain what you mean by this, plaese?
Quote:If you're using it (favourites.xml) as a read-only file it will work fine.

I mean it works as long as you don't make changes to the file.  Or as long as only one kodi is open while you're changing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favorites on the NAS possible?0