• 8(current)
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?
Hi All, I.m a novice to XBMC and read that I could boot directly to XBMC in windows, now all I'm left with is a black screen as Windows would not load. Error message on screen reads:-
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
I don't have startup or bootdisk, what do I do? Anybody! HELP!!
Try deleting/moving your xbmc userdata folder.
(2013-09-22, 22:54)teeedubb Wrote: Try deleting/moving your xbmc userdata folder.

Thanks Teeedubb, My problem is that I can't get into windows at all ,as windows cannot load. Does anyone know if dos commands or which ones, might help?

Brendonmcm
How are you launching xbmc? And what do you mean by windows won't load? Can you press Ctrl+shift+ESC to bring up the task manager and run explorer.exe?
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select task manager. File> New Task (Run) > Type explorer to start windows, undo the changes you made. You can also try my xbmclauncher to start xbmc at windows startup.
(2013-09-23, 04:11)baijuxavior Wrote: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select task manager. File> New Task (Run) > Type explorer to start windows, undo the changes you made. You can also try my xbmclauncher to start xbmc at windows startup.

Do you know if running explorer to start the windows shell works on all versions of win7? It doesn't work with win7 home premium, running either explorer or explorer.exe just brings up the file explorer, but did with win 7 ultimate. No big deal as I use a reg file to switch between event ghost/windows shell when I need to, but curious if I'm doing something wrong.
(2013-09-23, 04:10)teeedubb Wrote: How are you launching xbmc? And what do you mean by windows won't load? Can you press Ctrl+shift+ESC to bring up the task manager and run explorer.exe?

Thanks teeedubb, got it! All up and running again!

(2013-09-23, 04:11)baijuxavior Wrote: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select task manager. File> New Task (Run) > Type explorer to start windows, undo the changes you made. You can also try my xbmclauncher to start xbmc at windows startup.

Thanks baijuxavior, got it! All up and runniing again!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?1