• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?
Can someone post the steps to put the xbmc.exe file into the startup folder, and where it is?? I don't think I want to go into the registry and start editing things.... Sorry for the newb questions... Nod
find your xbmc.exe file. right klick on it and select copy

right click on the start button and klick explore
klick on programs
klick on startup
in the startup folder, right click and choise paste shortcut

this is for a vista box i thin it's called create shortcut on a xp
or just drag and drop in the start menu (holding the right mouse button, not left button) and select copy after dropped
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks guys...
Or.. be an bad boy...try editing the registry. Wink
Question 
Hi guys!

I need advice

XP, HIP and XBMC

i need start it (HIP) as shell and XBMC should be in full screen mode

Unfortunately all my trayings complete windowed versions Sad

Thanks in advance!
What do you mean exacly with "XBMC as shell"?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
exactly i mean this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="c:\progra~1\xbmc\xbmc.exe"

I mean it should be start in full screen mode.

For informations - u can not use params in this string.
what happens whenyou start XBMC normally? does it start in windowed mode or fullscreen?

If you change "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" it will only replace the shell on the currently loggedin user Smile Guess you dont want xbmc to be shell on your administrator account?
My XBMC system:
XBMC PC: 2.2 GHz Dual-core, GeForce 6400 GS, 2 GB Ram
Remote: Phillips Pronto RC9800i
TV: Phillips 42" LCD 1080p 42PFL7962D
Dreambox: Dreambox 500-S
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
XBMC .net API - Coming soon
sbrandsborg
Ok - lets try and after it try to suspend or hibernate comp and after it start again.
U boot to explorer (shell) and it is not good if u made standalone media comp.
after all explorer loading so long.
BAG_Ass Wrote:exactly i mean this

I mean it should be start in full screen mode
Ah, I see. As described in the topic-thread => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34325

You are looking for Windows XP (or vista) to boot directly to XBMC.exe instead of explorer.exe, right?

If you can not pass the "-fs" parameter via the registry then I think that you would probably have to ask the developers for a new function to be implemeneted (maybe have it added to AdvancedSettings.xml as a workaround to begin with)
Gamester17
yes!
can u ask WiSo to change call method to add parameter if i want to call xbmc windowed?

But i think it is not only one problem - all my tryings to start in fullscreen went to windowed start Sad, may be need screw something else Sad
Lightbulb 
BAG_Ass Wrote:Gamester17
yes!
can u ask WiSo to change call method to add parameter if i want to call xbmc windowed?
You have a start a new topic-thread for that in the feature suggestion forum as it counts as a platform-independent feature request.

BAG_Ass Wrote:i think it is not only one problem - all my tryings to start in fullscreen went to windowed start
Today but default XBMC only ever starts in fullscreen if you pass the -fs parameter, (ie. "XBMC.exe -fs"), if you do not pass the -fs parameter the XBMC starts windowed, ...one idea would be to maybe change this default behavior so that it by default always starts in full-screen more and one has to pass a parameter if one want to start it windowed instead (like for example "XBMC.exe -w"), or have <StartWindowed> added to AdvancedSettings.xml
BAG_Ass Wrote:exactly i mean this

I mean it should be start in full screen mode.

For informations - u can not use params in this string.

Can you create a .bat file and call that as shell with -p -fs ?
MPauley73
i can - but can u imagine shell as bat-file? I not. Smile

I did it - sell works only if it exe without parameters. And if i use HIP as XBMC launcher it start XBMC windowed - i think there is bad way to start applications.

Gamester17
First way is good, but there is one little problems - if i start XBMC as shell i cannot start HIP as IR-handler. Need to add possibility start external application
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Boot directly to XBMC for Windows (in full-screen) as the shell on Windows?1