XBMC only on external display, keeping screen 1 alive
Hi all,

I'm very new to XBMC and have read lots about it .. but nothing about this particular problem i'm having. I'm using a macbook (2.4GHz, 2 GB RAM) with XBMC (version 0.5.0b3 (687))

I can get XBMC to open onto my external monitor ( a HDTV ) but this causes the mouse to be "locked" into the XBMC window on the external monitor and not able to still use the laptop screen for general duties. Is there some way to run XBMC in the background on the external display keeping the laptop screen (which is still the primary display) alive to browse the net or use the laptop normally?

Also as an aside, i'm having problems connecting to a share HDD connected to another laptop - when I try and add a network location, XBMC crashes ... anyone else experiencing this ??

Hope someone out there can help!!

Cheers,
B
if your using osxbmc you are better of asking your question @ http://www.osxbmc.com...

they have their own forum etc...
Hey ... i didn't realise there was a difference between osxbmc and xbmc for mac ..

Now I ask can xbmc for mac do what I've posted above .... if so then I'll swap to xbmc for mac.

Cheers
B

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC only on external display, keeping screen 1 alive0