Solved Kodi keeps reopening the video file
Hello,

I have encountered this problem recently (maybe after moving all my files, i am not sure when this first occurred).

When I open a movie from Kodi and close it at some point, kodi will reopen it immediately (configured to play with media player classic mpc-hc).

No matter how I close mpc kodi will reopen the movie (pressing "x", left click -> exit, alt+ f4)

I also cannot just minimize mpc and reopen another movie from kodi, because that causes kodi to crash outright Sad

Any ideas?
(2019-04-26, 23:04)hsvstar2003 Wrote: kodi will reopen
I've seen this previously quite some time ago.. some how auto-repeat function in Kodi has been engaged. The default skin doesn't seem to have an easy way of shutting it down from what I can see (for other skins sometimes the left slide out player or the OSD controls offers the auto-repeat function) and you would need to turn repeat off (skin T! does have this function). If all fails you can delete the guisettings.xml in your Userdata (wiki) folder and Kodi will rebuild it as default next launch and all should be good but you may need to re-establish your settings.
(2019-04-27, 01:22)PatK Wrote: you would need to turn repeat off

Thank you! I opened guisettings.xml and searched for "repeat" and found "<repeat>true</repeat>". After changing it to false, my problem was fixed  Cool
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps reopening the video file0