[RELEASE] XBMC Remote Control on PSP (PlayStation Portable)
I'm willing to help forsure. Any links to current progress?

If you have a PSP able to execute 1.5 code check out the LuaPlayer based PSP remote.

Its quite responsive. There was some issues with the key repeating itself too quickly so you may want to keep an eye on that

There were a couple important features such as
'volume control' and a mode for the psp to act as a xbox controller (there are controller up down left right a, b etc commands via httpapi, very useful)

Listing directories and showing album art should be possible over wifi as well
nad Wrote:iratecorpse: Re "UI-crippling pauses between button presses and actions" are you sending the httpapi commands synchronously or asynchronously? If the former that's your problem.

I have no idea - it's all done using Flash and the PSP's internal web browser. I don't suppose you know how I would force it to send commands asynchronously?

I've been very lazy with this recently; again my work has just wiped me out mentally and right now this sort of thing is taking the bench for things like eating and sleeping. Tongue

Anyway, I've uploaded it now. I've not written any documentation but I'll give you the installation guide:

1.) Extract the archive to %memoryStick%:\PSP\COMMON\PSPlayback
2.) Edit the IP Address in %memoryStick%:\PSP\COMMON\PSPlayback\settings.xml to match that of your Xbox
3.) Run the PSP's Internet Browser and navigate to file:/psp/common/psplayback/index.html
4.) Add the page to your Bookmarks/set it as your homepage

And a brief user guide:

When you first hit the page you'll probably be asked "Do you want to run the plugin embedded in this page?" at which point you should click "yes". Then you'll be asked by the app to press X twice. This is once to bring the Flash into focus and once to invoke a connection attempt.

Once you are connected via your usual AP you'll either connect to the Xbox fine or you'll get a "Communication with the server failed." message. If you get the message, check the IP address in settings.xml and check that you have enabled the web server on your xbox. With any luck you did these during or before setting up PSPlayback, in which case you won't get the message. Instead you will be presented with the app.

The buttons are labeled as clearly as possible, so there's no real need to explain each one. The functions are split into 3 categories, accessible via the tabs at the top (Navigation, Playback, System). While on the Navigation tab, your PSP's d-pad will act as the Xbox's d-pad. I also made the "Select" button (in the app, not on the PSP) nice and big so you can leave it there quite comfortably. With the cursor over the "Select" button, the X button on your PSP will act as the A button on your Xbox.

Unfortunately the X button is the only button you can assign actions to using this method as the other face buttons all perform actions within the Internet Browser. As a result, there are lots of buttons for performing actions such as queuing files to the playlist, getting video info.

On the Playback tab you've got playback controls. There's (in order from left to right):
Previous, Jump Back, Rewind, Stop, Play/Pause, FFwd, Jump Forward, Next

You've also got the equivalent of the remote's Menu, Display and Select buttons for use during playback to show/hide the playback UI, toggle full-screen and change the aspect ratio.

On top of that (actually, below it in PSPlayback) there's a volume slider and mute button.

On the System tab you can shutdown or reboot your Xbox.

So, that's about it. I think the d-pad might function on all tabs but selecting the Navigation tab should leave your cursor over the "Select" button anyway, so it makes things fairly easy.

Download:
PSPlayback 0.8a (Megaupload)
Good news !! I'm going to test your soft as soon as possible !!

thanks
Hello,
I tried psplayback, but i have an error mesage "Communication with the server failed".

I don't understand why.. in fact the IP adres is correct (192.168.1.10) and if i test the web interface with a pc web browser, all is ok.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks
Does going to 192.168.0.10 directly bring up the standard web interface as you would see on the PC?

If not, the problem isn't to do with PSPlayback. If so, it is. Tongue
iratecorpse Wrote:Does going to 192.168.0.10 directly bring up the standard web interface as you would see on the PC?

If not, the problem isn't to do with PSPlayback. If so, it is. Tongue

Yes The Web interface is OK if I'm going directly with the PSP on 192.168.1.10 ....

but not with Psplayback ...

Help me please !!

Thanks
Another test:

If I try to run index.html directly from my PC, I have an adobe flash player error and the application try to go to the 0.0.0.0 IP adress instead of 192.168.1.10. The error comes from PSPlayback.swf.

My settings.xml file is like that:

&IPaddress=192.168.1.10

and seems to be correct ..

Perhaps a probem with the file PSPlayback.swf ?

Thanks .
jeepcook Wrote:Hello,
I tried psplayback, but i have an error mesage "Communication with the server failed".

I don't understand why.. in fact the IP adres is correct (192.168.1.10) and if i test the web interface with a pc web browser, all is ok.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks

Having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
SolvedBig Grin
I had a look at PSPlayback.swf. Turns out its pointing to another directory than the one given in the guide.The solution is to rename a couple of things.
First, rename the folder psplayback in /psp/common to xbmc-psp
second, rename settings.xml in /psp/common/xbmc-psp to settings.txt, thats it Works fine now.

Hope this helps
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
OK thanks, by renaming file and folder now the communication error is solved !

Now the only function that work for me is reboot and shutdown !! in the navigation tab, if I choose a button like dect, menu, context menu .. no action are made ....

I think I understand nothing at this soft !

Thanks for some helps
Sounds like you need to update xbmc. Are you using beta1?
Yes I use Atlantis Beta 1 ..
Hmmm. It sounds like I uploaded the wrong version. Tongue

I'll fix things and re-up ASAP. I can fix these quite easily but getting time to is the major hindrance, so please have a little patience with me.

Thanks for the bug reports! Smile
OK I'm waiting for the new version !!!

Thanks for your developpments !
OK, I found some time tonight so I've fixed the problems you've reported and added a feature; the version number and IP found in your settings.xml file are displayed in the System tab to make troubleshooting a little more straightforward.

It's still alpha, so features aren't frozen as is evident from today's work. Please feel free to offer feature requests/suggestions but be warned, my skills are limited and so is my time so I may disappoint if you ask too much of me! Wink

Anyway, the instructions I posted are now valid, as far as I can tell. FYI, with some features being context sensitive you may have to be in the correct place/mode to use them, such as the scenarios I've described previously in this thread.

Download:
PSPlayback v0.9a (MegaUpload)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Remote Control on PSP (PlayStation Portable)1