v18 Extrafanart as background for main menu item?
Hello

I'm trying to enable multiple fanarts for the same movie when the "MOVIES" menu item is highlighted on the Aeon Nox top level menu. This is similar to, but not the same as, this thread and this thread.

Package Versions
  • Aeon Nox: Silvo 7.0.1
  • Kodi Leia 18.1
  • Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Everything is installed from default repos and I want to keep things this way since my entire setup is managed with Chef.

I read about the upcoming changes to extrafanart, and have now finished converting my movie library from the old way of doing extrafanart (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, etc. in an extrafanart subdirectory of the main movie's root directory) to the new way (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, etc. in the movie's root directory).

The directory structure now looks like the following:
Code:
MAD_MAX_(1979)_(DVD)/
    |-- MADMAX-banner.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-clearart.png
    |-- MADMAX-clearlogo.png
    |-- MADMAX-discart.png
    |-- MADMAX-fanart1.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-fanart2.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-fanart3.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-fanart4.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-fanart5.jpg
    |-- MADMAX-fanart.jpg
    |-- MADMAX.iso
    |-- MADMAX-landscape.jpg
    |-- MADMAX.nfo
    |-- MADMAX-poster.jpg

I also edited my advancedsettings.xml file per theKodiwiki, to explicitly call out the new fanart filenames and resolutions:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <imageres>9999</imageres>
  <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
  <imagescalingalgorithm>lanczos</imagescalingalgorithm>
  <videolibrary>
    <movieextraart>
      <arttype>banner</arttype>
      <arttype>clearart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
      <arttype>discart</arttype>
      <arttype>landscape</arttype>
      <arttype>poster</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart1</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart3</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart4</arttype>
      <arttype>fanart5</arttype>
    </movieextraart>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I've enabled rotating image backgrounds on the main menu by going to Settings -> Interface -> Skin -> -Configure skin... -> Main Menu -> Setup the Aeon Nox main menu -> MOVIES -> Select background -> Random movie fanart.

I've set up a temporary test source containing 2 DVDs, set all the correct settings (Local Information Only, etc.) and instead of rotating through the 12 different fanart options (the main fanart.jpg and the extrafanarts of fanart{1..5}.jpg for both movies), when "MOVIES" is highlighted in the main menu, Aeon Nox: Silvo just cycles through the same two fanarts over and over - one fanart per movie.

The whole point of having extrafanarts is to add some visual variety, so any tips on how to proceed would be much apprecaited.

Thanks,
Harry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extrafanart as background for main menu item?0