Always open Kodi on second display
I want Kodi to always open to my second display. I have two displays connected to my computer in extended "use as a separate display" mode, and for whatever reason Kodi always opens to the main one. I've tried going to Settings > System, but no matter what I change, LG TV/LG TV (yes, they're both named the same), fullscreen/windowed, neither setting has any effect on moving Kodi to the second display. The only way I can get it to move to the second screen is if I move it via Mission Control, or if I open it in windowed mode and drag it. All results I find online are for XMBC-old versions, and Windows setups. Does anyone have this working on macOS?
Replying to myself for a bump because I re-edited the issue into a different one, so it's a new thread basically.

Is it possible there's a problem for Kodi to recognize the two as separate displays because they're named the same? macOS lists them as LG TV (1) and LG TV (2), but on Kodi it's just LG TV for both.

edit: okay so I more or less fixed this, at least in that now I've got the behavior I wanted. Apparently apps just open on whichever menu has the menu bar. If you don't want to change that (which I didn't), if you place the displays in a vertical orientation from macOS settings, the dock will appear on the bottom (secondary), and apps will open on the upper (main) display. That does turn the second display into the main one, but it doesn't feel that way since control everything from the secondary, as you'll have the dock there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Always open Kodi on second display0