how do I stop live TV when my TV is turned off
Is there a way for Kodi to detect when the TV is turned off and stop playback?   For example, I was watching live TV using MythTV and I turned off my televesion set, however, I did not stop live playback so live TV was still running.  I don't want this to happen because this occupies one of my HD HomeRun Prime tuners unnecessarily.  Is there a setting for stopping LiveTV when the TV is turned off?  Thanks!
(2019-05-16, 14:03)necbot Wrote: Is there a way for Kodi to detect when the TV is turned off and stop playback?   For example, I was watching live TV using MythTV and I turned off my televesion set, however, I did not stop live playback so live TV was still running.  I don't want this to happen because this occupies one of my HD HomeRun Prime tuners unnecessarily.  Is there a setting for stopping LiveTV when the TV is turned off?  Thanks!
Hi,

Something like https://kodi.wiki/view/CEC should do it, if using HDMI. My ARM-based box does this OK.

There might be other options with the kodi API, if you can somehow detect your TV is off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do I stop live TV when my TV is turned off0