• 17(current)
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)
(blackfox @ nov. 12 2005,21:07 Wrote:is there a chance to add closed captions decoder for this player? in mplayer this function not working anyway... i think it will be good because to many dvds without subtitles, but cc always there.
has this been considered?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Exclamation 
not sure if this is the correct topic or not, but i've had a few issues with certain dvd's not playing. they are original dvd's hired from a video store (and yes, they are clean!Wink.

the latest which failed to play was "fun with dick and jane". region 4 version (australia).

menu comes up fine, but when the movie starts playback, the screen remains black and the xbox locks up.

i've had similar issues with a couple of other original dvd's (no titles, sorry, but will add them as i find them).

all the dvd's which failed under xbmc, played fine under the original dashboard.... although, the original dvd player by ms is awful.

spadman.
yes... sadly our dvdplayer will never handle -all- discs

why is that now ? because all discs are different, and there are no open standards. microsoft dvdplayer + all other hacked dvdplayers on xbox which uses "microsoft dvdplayer source" all work with most , if not all discs, because they use a licensced "dvd engine".

we use open source code, and the dvd discs we own/have at our disposal, which is maybe 0.01% of the made ones...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

is there anyway to make xbmc skip the dvd intros, like miramax, 20th century fox etc automatically? and on some dvds the trailers. like in vlc player by default.
i second that, i use anydvd on my pc and love it. its the one thing i want most from xbmc at the moment
i've had similar problems with certain dvds not playing at all or that load the menu and then crash when the main video starts. the weird thing is that these dvds are from the same boxed sets of tv shows that other dvds will work. meaning, discs 1 and 3-7 play fine, but disc 2 doesn't. i thought that was a bit odd, so i thought i'd point it out, though i understand that it's just kinda the nature of the beast, so-to-speak.
When watching a DVD (vob or through dvd-drive) is there a way to skip through chapters, or see which chapter your on? I couldn't find anything in the manual about this.
no, not yet, (at least not without going through the DVD-menu of your DVD-Video disk it it has one, if it doesn't have a menu then nothing you can do now)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'd like to see the DVD Player being capable of displaying the same info as Mplayer... eg. audio bitrate etc. Is this possible?
Hi,
Maybe it was already mentioned somewhere...but...
When play button is pressed (or play fron context menu) on DVD folder (ussualy VIDEO_TS) then VIDEO_TS.IFO from folder should be played instead first VOB in folder.
What do you think? I think it can be easily implemented and it will improve XBMC's usage little bit forward again ;-)

Stimpoff
It's already there but requires stacking to be enabled. From changelog:
Quote: - 25-08-2006 changed: treat a folder containing a VIDEO_TS.IFO file a complete dvd when
stacking is enabled. you now don't need to enter folder and select video_ts.ifo to start it.

I believe it also works for the case where you have the intermediat VIDEO_TS folder as well.
Whoa, so fast development. Next time I will try latest release before post. Well done guys!

Stimpoff
Hey! I think that this is one of the long terms goals, but I was just curious if I could get an update on this. Has there been any progress on enabling framerate adjustment with the DVD player? I recently got my hands on a bunch of PAL DVDs and would love to be able to watch them at the proper framerate. The pitched voices drive me crazy!

For my uses, XBMC is pretty much feature complete except for this. You guys have done amazing work on XBMC and we all appreciate it (even if we don't tell you as often as we should)!

Thanks!
kraqh3d Wrote:It's already there but requires stacking to be enabled. From changelog:

I believe it also works for the case where you have the intermediat VIDEO_TS folder as well.

I think only the folder containing the VIDEO_TS.ifo file is stacked.

My movies are:

Movie Title/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo

I still have to go into the Movie Title folder and select the stacked VIDEO_TS. The better behavior would be to stack up to the level of the Movie Title folder, so any folder containing a VIDEO_TS folder would be stacked.
check out the best dvd editing software available: dvd remake pro
Best CD Ripper Available (better then EAC): dbpoweramp R12 reference
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)2