• 4(current)
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)
thanks for the link, i will try that later when i get home. now seeing that this is the suggestions forum may i make a suggestion/request. let xbmc have 2 modes of playing dvds
mode 1 - it will only play the movie, no menus, no extras.
mode 2 - xbmc will launch the dvd in its entirety menus and all options included

mode 1 can also have a feature like dvd queing, where u can que dvd's to play back to back. so for example you could play all 3 lotr or matrix movies back to back without neededing to do anything. mode 2 u would need to "mount" each dvd you wanted to play manually. now is that possible with any upcommnig versions of xbmc?
(nu2u @ may 21 2004,19:48 Wrote:mode 1 - it will only play the movie, no menus, no extras.
mode 2 - xbmc will launch the dvd in its entirety menus and   all options included
like we said before, what you call "mode 1" is already possible, and since your "mode 2" is an existing request merging your posts with it.

ps! please respect the forum rules and read our faq's. search forum before posting and only one topic per thread for management, thx
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i made a backup of one of my dvd's, but i cant get into the dvd's main menu. (the place you can choose audio settings, extras, play etc, yes i know i can switch this manually in xbmc playback, but i want to get into the main menu).

1.is it possible?
does there exist any program that can do this?

2.i used dvd2box when i made the backup, but it didn't compress anything. does there exist any program that can compress the audio/video when ripping from the xbox's dvd player into the xbox hd?

i would be thankfull if someone could answer these questions Smile
dvd2xbox only extracts the vob files of the dvd's. as of yet there is no program to reconstruct the dvd with workable menus on the xbox and i would say there will never be.
hi!
wouldn't it be nice if the xbox reacted like a dvd player when you put in a dvd? i really like xbmc but the fact that it doesn't play the dvd menu is a really sad in my opinion.

good work anyway   Smile
use the ms dash, and all the menus will be there
Big Grin 
soon we'll have to start warn/punish people who don't search before posting, must have merged 20 posts into this one Angry
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gjcd @ june 07 2004,19:19 Wrote:use the ms dash, and all the menus will be there
hi,

is it possible to link to the ms dashboard from xbmc (in the settings xml) to play dvd from the xbmc Huh

is the original ms dvd player cabable to play dvd's from other regions ? (region free!Wink
(darkvamp @ june 09 2004,12:48 Wrote:is it possible to link to the ms dashboard from xbmc (in the settings xml) to play dvd from the xbmc Huh
yes, see xboxmediacenter.xml (ex; <dvdplayer>c:\xboxdash.xbe</dvdplayer> to load ms dash, or you can load xecuter's dvdx 2.0).
(note that this will unload xbmc when start the dvd-video, a reboot is required when you finnish, please address other q in support)

(darkvamp @ june 09 2004,12:48 Wrote:is the original ms dvd player cabable to play dvd's from other regions ? (region free!Wink
if you have a modchip then yes, but you still require a dvd-remote. xecuter's dvdx 2.0 don't use dvd-remote and is region-free too.

ps! do not ask us where to find xecuter's dvdx 2.0 as it's a xdk binary. please address support questions in correct forum (support).
make it possible to mount images of dvd-movies which should make it possible to use the menus, subtitles and so on.

make use of virtual drives and then unmount again when you stop the movie. shouldn't that be possible?
Big Grin 
(preben @ june 21 2004,14:46 Wrote:make it possible to mount images of dvd-movies which should make it possible to use the menus, subtitles and so on.
why oh why(?!Wink don't people search before posting! Angry xbmc can already "mount" dvd-video images, but don't support menus yet
this is the first time i try to watch a retail dvd movie in media center but have used several versions of the app before. when i put in the dvd and select "play dvd" from the menu, the movies starts playing bypassing the dvd movie menu which would alow me to watch special features, scene selection, etc. is there a way to have media center start playing the dvd at the begining of the disk showing the fbi warning, watch the movie intro and then bring me to the dvd movie menu where i can choose what to watch ? also, i have the ms dvd remote, i notice that when i press the menu button on the remote, it opens the media center menu. is there a way for it to bring me to the actual dvd menu from the remote (have the remote function as it would in the ms dash)?

thanks for the help, hope this makes sense
please do a search before posting a question, esp one that has been answered lots of times before....

anyway...

xbmc does not at this moment support menus when playing dvd's. if you want to watch the special features etc you will need to either launch a seperate dvd player such as ms dashboard or dvdx. this can be launched from "my programs" or you can change the "dvdplayer" tag in xboxmediacenter.xml file so that when you press "play dvd" it will automatically launch the other program.
so i have decss'd movie on my computer, when i play the movie on xbmc by picking video_ts.ifo or a vob file it starts the movie from the beginnig, and i am unable start the dvd to go to the dvd's main menu.

am i missing something? ive done plenty of searching with no luck, is this possible?

this also happens on powerdvd if you try to play a movie as a media file, but if u select play dvd from hdd all you have to do is select the video_ts folder and it plays the dvd normally. which seems to mirror what ive been attempting with xbmc.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

archalien
you must have useed odd search terms because this question has been answered about 40 times. right now there is no dvd menu support.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)2