• 2(current)
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)
i would start working at once if i just knew where to start! Smile
(corvy @ feb. 24 2004,13:32 Wrote:i would start working at once if i just knew where to start! Smile
are you a skilled c/c++ programmer yourself?, because you have to be to port xine's source code to xbox/xbmc Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nope, sorry. thats just the problem. i need to rely on other experts. probably just like youreself.
(corvy @ feb. 24 2004,14:51 Wrote:nope, sorry. thats just the problem. i need to rely on other experts. probably just like youreself.
nope, i'm not a programmer/coder myself either, but i do know that posting xine will be no sunday picknic, even for a skilled developer
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
lets hope the dvd nav is soon done then. i see that frodo is working on it. Smile

really looking forward to it!
hi,

xbmc can play vob files stored in a folder, great. but it would be even better if it would recognize that the folder represents a complete dvd (incl. menus, extras and different languages) and would treat the folder like a real dvd (showing only the "dvd" and not the folder itself, starting playback in the dvd's menu etc.).

regs
volkmar

p.s.: i love this app.... Image
this is long lasting feature request, dvd menu support is unlikly to happen in any short timeframe(requires changing our base player mplayer, or getting them to support it) . playback of dvd's is supported without queing vobs in current cvs.

elupus

this seems like a very basic concept. i'd like to actually have my dvd's menu's so i can watch it without selecting the individual .vob files. and for the cosmetic reason too obviously. leme know.
are you asking for .ifo support or dvd-menu suppport? basic ifo support is already in, and there are other threads asking for menu support
the .ifo filename is supported but it does not work. the whole concept of .ifo files is the dvd menu.
(ps2wiz @ april 08 2004,13:14 Wrote:the .ifo filename is supported but it does not work. the whole concept of .ifo files is the dvd menu.
ifo support isn't the same as dvd-menu, and again it isn't clear if that is what you are asking for, is it? if so will merge into existing requests
yes, dvd menu support.
merged all threads asking for dvd-video playback support with menu support into one topic " full dvd-video playback with menus "
Sad 
is it possible to bring in just the menu system code from ogle to xbmc Huh

check it out at:
ogle's homepage
this is a quick question i have... everytime i rip a dvd to the hd with dvd2xbox it creates 2 folders... one called "video_ts" and one called "original_ifo", what i would like to is use xbmc to run the folder like it would a regular dvd insted of trying to find the right .vob through trial and error... so i can start the dvd menu and pick the episode, change chapters etc etc., is there anyway to do this?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions)2