[MAC] Can't compile SVN r13834 due to python on OSX
tvont Wrote:From within Xcode by "run" or directly by doubleclicking the XBMC.app icon.

If I run it directly by calling the executable, I get the following:

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC ; exit;
sh: XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/preflight: No such file or directory
Asking helper to start.
QZ_SetVideoWindowed(720, 480)
Using display 1535231424
XBOX360: Registering for notifications.
Apple Infrared Remote not found.

Did you remember to set XBMC_HOME for running in XCode?

When you build XBMC.app, preflight is copied in to XBMC.app. Are you building XBMC.app?
I did set XBMC_Home. I also build XBMC.app (at the end). Any idea why preflight was not found? it is in the correct directory...
tvont Wrote:I did set XBMC_Home. I also build XBMC.app (at the end). Any idea why preflight was not found? it is in the correct directory...

"/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC" did you copy XBMC.app to Applications?

Detail exactly how you are building everything. Something is not being done but I can't tell what do I need details.
davilla Wrote:"/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC" did you copy XBMC.app to Applications?

Detail exactly how you are building everything. Something is not being done but I can't tell what do I need details.

Yes, I copied it to applications. But I had the same problems in the build directory. I built exactly as described in the howto:

Using XCode 3.1.2, default settings of XBMC.xcodeproj, for OS X 10.4, gcc 4.0

1) Configuration
2) Python
3) Libraries
4) XBMCHelper
5) XBMC
6) xbmcTEX
7) skins
8) XBMC.app

The XBMC folder looks fine, as I told you, even preflight is at its correct place.
tvont Wrote:Yes, I copied it to applications. But I had the same problems in the build directory. I built exactly as described in the howto:

1) Configuration
2) Python
3) Libraries
4) XBMCHelper
5) XBMC
6) xbmcTEX
7) skins
8) XBMC.app

The XBMC folder looks fine, as I told you, even preflight is at its correct place.

do you build these by changing the xcode build target or do you build by right-click "build" on the target?

are you building on 10.5 or 10.4, if on 10.5 XCode 2.5 or XCode 3.0 ?

how are you launching XBMC.app, XCode build & go. Double-click on app, or via command-line.

and to repeat;
"/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC" did you copy XBMC.app to Applications?

EDIT: scratch that last question, I see the answer Smile
you know editing the post to include an answer that I ask in a subsequent post makes it real confusing and non-linear.
"The XBMC folder looks fine, as I told you, even preflight is at its correct place" Show me with an;

"ls -la XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/tools"
XCode build target always was XBMC, I built the single targets by rightclicking on it - one by one.
I build on 10.5.6 using xcode 3.1.2
no matter how I launch the target - the result is the same.

Here is a ls -la:

ls -la XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 3 Jo admin 102 Jan 10 15:34 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 Jo admin 612 Jan 10 20:13 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 Jo admin 5318 Jan 10 11:31 preflight

many thanks for your help...and...I read your first answer to my first question late:

SORRY for hijacking this thread
tvont Wrote:XCode build target always was XBMC, I built the single targets by rightclicking on it - one by one.
I build on 10.5.6 using xcode 3.1.2
no matter how I launch the target - the result is the same.

Well not a clue. I'm building the same way under 10.5.6 using xcode 3.1.2. I can launch from xcode (both debug and release), and from a double-click with XBMC.app located in XBMC/build/Debug , XBMC/build/Release or /Applications.

Maybe corrupted "~/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC".
I deleted ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC...
no success.

Do you have the original XBMC.Xcodeproj from the SVN or did you change something?
tvont Wrote:I deleted ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC...
no success.

Do you have the original XBMC.Xcodeproj from the SVN or did you change something?

yes, using the svn XBMC.Xcodeproj . I stick pretty close to current svn.
my sources were from todays noon. Maybe bad luck. I ll do a new svn checkout tomorrow and try again. I will let you know tomorrow
tvont Wrote:my sources were from todays noon. Maybe bad luck. I ll do a new svn checkout tomorrow and try again. I will let you know tomorrow

@davilla

same problem with build 17011 :-(

Any ideas left?
tvont Wrote:@davilla

same problem with build 17011 :-(

Any ideas left?

I'd need to see some pastebin posts of the all the individual build results as well as directory listings of the final XBMC.app to look for errors or problems that you might be missing.

the build should be insensitive to spaces or strange characters in the paths but on odd chance, I'd check for that.
@davilla

I installed all new on my macbook pro now and: everything is smooth now.

Many thanks for your very patient help, davilla!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Can't compile SVN r13834 due to python on OSX0