• 7(current)
[PATCHES] PPC (PowerPC) Linux support for powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux targets
that's simple. don't strip the binary.
spiff Wrote:that's simple. don't strip the binary.

Ok. I added "--strip=no" to the options for checkinstall which installed an unstripped xbmc binary. Updated crashlog here:

http://pastebin.com/3Jh4X2s1

Definitely looks like it is something in the altivec implementation that causes the crash.
right, definitely altivec issues. can you try the same stream using a recent ffplay and see if it crashes. if it does, i need to send you upstream.
spiff Wrote:right, definitely altivec issues. can you try the same stream using a recent ffplay and see if it crashes. if it does, i need to send you upstream.

The version of xbmc that I'm using is the latest svn release for the pvr-testing2 branch. Is that not recent enough, or do you want me to build from the latest trunk release?
uhm, i want you to build from the ffmpeg svn.
spiff Wrote:uhm, i want you to build from the ffmpeg svn.

Ok. I tried running ffplay from the ubuntu ffmpeg repository and it worked fine. Then I went into the ffmpeg subdirectory of xbmc and reconfigured to get an ffplay executable. When running this executable on a mkv file it crashed. So there is definitely some issue unique to the xbmc branch of ffmpeg.

Since I couldn't get this to work, I instead focused on getting xbmc to compile using the external ffmpeg. I got this to work by removing the following line from DVDDemuxPVRClient.cpp:

PHP Code:
else if (props->stream[i].codec_id == CODEC_ID_DVB_TELETEXT)
    {

m_streams[props->stream[i].id] = new CDemuxStreamTeletext();
    } 

With external ffmpeg enabled xbmc successfully launches a video, but crashes when exiting the movie. Also, it consumes between 80-95% cpu during playback.

At this point, I have decided to discontinue my efforts to get xbmc to work under ubuntu and will instead reinstall OSX 10.5 on my mac mini to try that route instead.

Thanks for your help!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCHES] PPC (PowerPC) Linux support for powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux targets1