• 2(current)
[PATCHES] PPC (PowerPC) Linux support for powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux targets
Lightbulb 
Here is a new patch
http://www.4shared.com/file/53767116/d6d...egtar.html

Description:
Adding a build script for ffmpeg libraries, and copying the *.so files in xbmc.

Modified files:
XBMC/xbmc/cores/ffmpeg/DllAvCodec.h
XBMC/xbmc/cores/ffmpeg/DllAvFormat.h
XBMC/xbmc/cores/ffmpeg/DllSwScale.h
XBMC/xbmc/cores/ffmpeg/DllPostProc.h

Added files:
XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-51-powerpc-linux.so
XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/avformat-51-powerpc-linux.so
XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-51-powerpc-linux.so
XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/swscale-51-powerpc-linux.so
XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer/postproc-51-powerpc-linux.so
sources/dvdplayer/ffmpeg/build_powerpc-linux_xbmc.sh

Added directory:
sources/dvdplayer/ffmpeg/faac : this is the simple extract of faac-1.26.tar.gz, which is included in avcodec-51-powerpc-linux.so

Video playback is now possible with lots of video formats, but color space is not yet fixed (wrong colors, I have a working patch but not enough clean to commit), and ALSADirectSound.cpp should be modified to have correct sound (I will provide a patch later).

-Cedric
Do we need faac? Do we do encoding?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
araldor Wrote:I'm afraid not. If you want to run a 64-bit XBMC, then all of the libraries it links to need to be 64-bit versions.

It's likely that we could build ppc64 versions of all of the XBMC libraries in the sources/. However, many of the other libaries that XBMC relies on don't have ppc64 versions in debian or ubuntu (SDL, libfreetype, liblzo, etc.). I don't want to maintain ppc64 versions of all of those libraries and their dependencies.

I'd rather focus on powerpc32 at the moment.

Okidoki, good idea, the porting for the powerpc32 will be faster this way Smile

- Cedric
malloc Wrote:Do we need faac? Do we do encoding?

No idea Oo libfaac is used with i486-linux target
I think you can rip audio cd with xbmc
Not a good reason to throw in a new library. Let's figure this out. What is the error message you without it? Does the --enable/disable-altivec flag in configuring ffmpeg change this error?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
malloc Wrote:Not a good reason to throw in a new library. Let's figure this out. What is the error message you without it? Does the --enable/disable-altivec flag in configuring ffmpeg change this error?

It is not a new library, it was already linked inside one of the ffmpeg libraries inside build_xmbc.sh.
The only difference is that libfaac was taken from /usr/lib/libfaac.a or something like this.

I activated the flag altivec only for performance purposes, I tried with and without and I have better FPS with. I imagine altivec is not possible on intel computers ?
cedric Wrote:I imagine altivec is not possible on intel computers ?
You are correct. AltiVec SIMD is PowerPC only, (Intel and AMD x86 features MMX and SSE instead)
Is there no libfaac-dev for Ubuntu PowerPC? That's the package that I see installed /usr/lib/libfaac.a.
malloc Wrote:Is there no libfaac-dev for Ubuntu PowerPC? That's the package that I see installed /usr/lib/libfaac.a.

You right, I just installed libfaac-dev, here a new patch without the faac directory:
http://www.4shared.com/file/53950758/b1f...actar.html

-Cedric
a tip is to run Valgrind before submitting any patches, (it supports both PPC32 and PPC64), see http://www.valgrind.org

Wink
I don't know how helpful that would be right now... Things are a little noisy with valgrind right now. When I get some more time, I'll try to resolve some more valgrind issues.

Until more errors are cleaned up, its utility will probably be limited.
as you may or may not have noticed i have started the work of building libs as you build xbmc to avoid having to keep hundreds of binaries in the svn. any further pap related patches should take it into consideration (once i get back from vacation i'll do the change for a lot of the other libs as well).

cheers
spiff Wrote:as you may or may not have noticed i have started the work of building libs as you build xbmc to avoid having to keep hundreds of binaries in the svn. any further pap related patches should take it into consideration (once i get back from vacation i'll do the change for a lot of the other libs as well).

cheers

Not sure I have well understood, what are the recommendations concerning libraries ? If the libraries are not commited on svn, where should we put them ? Is it planned to have a common build script for all libraries present in sources/ ?

-Cedric
He means that the the libraries you find in sources are being moved into XBMC. Then instead of storing binary versions of libraries in XBMC/system/players/dvdplayer and such we will just build them at the same time as we build xbmc.bin. So in essence there will be a common build script.
Question 
@araldor and cedric, any updates on patches for any of the endian issues?
Have you looked at tools like PortAsm/86, Relogix, or something similar? Huh
http://www.microapl.co.uk/Porting/PortAsm86.html

Big Grin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCHES] PPC (PowerPC) Linux support for powerpc-linux and powerpc64-linux targets1