For those who want compile xbmc using gcc 4.3.1 and get :
Quote: error: 'INT_MAX' was not declared in this scope
error: 'INT_MIN' was not declared in this scope
for xbmc/util.h simply add
Code:
#include <limits.h>
in xbmc/util.h .

Hope that will help!

ps: it make xbmc to compile fine, but not protect against segmentation error nor exceptions on x86_64... Smile)

--
Benjamin
Is the x86_64 version crashing or is this the seg fault on exit that everyone else is seeing?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
malloc Wrote:Is the x86_64 version crashing or is this the seg fault on exit that everyone else is seeing?

The x86_64 crash on startup and on content browsing with segfault. I ve got no time to look at now but be sure you will have a complete report later.

Regards

---
Benjamin
Hmm...that's news to me, I wonder when that started happening.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I've included a similar fix in SVN, this should help fix compilation on Ubuntu 8.10.
Hi all,

New include problem with gcc 4.3.1:
on
Quote:./xbmc/cores/paplayer/flac-1.2.1/examples/cpp/encode/file/main.cpp

I get memcmp scope errors, resolved by including <string.h>

It passed but got error while linking on x86_64:
src/libFLAC/bitmath.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Ps: my segfault errors have been resolved with a make distclean ... Sorry for convenient.
A bunch of new libraries have been thrown into the source tree that were previously compiled separately. Unfortunately we haven't had time to make sure everything compiles on 64-bit machines. The problem you're seeing is due to lack of the -fPIC compiler switch when compiling.
Hum, that's on rev 14115.
malloc Wrote:A bunch of new libraries have been thrown into the source tree that were previously compiled separately. Unfortunately we haven't had time to make sure everything compiles on 64-bit machines. The problem you're seeing is due to lack of the -fPIC compiler switch when compiling.

Don't worry about, I understand Smile ! I just hope I'm not too boring to report any compilation problems on 2 "unsupported" system (x86_64 & gcc 4.3.1) ... And that with my really bad english ! Wink
I'll resolve these today, once I get some time Wink
monkeyman Wrote:I'll resolve these today, once I get some time Wink

Hi, while you at it pls "chmod +r" on the following scripts in the svn dictionary (rev 14128):

/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/ogg/missing
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/libvorbis/missing

--
1. XBMC: http://github.com/FlyingRat/xbmc (ffmpeg-head-inc-xbmc-patches)
2. FFmpeg: http://github.com/FlyingRat/FFmpeg (ffmpeg-head-with-xbmc-custom-patches)
3. XBMC-updated-FFmpeg-binaries (just dev snapshots, no regular distros)
flyingrat Wrote:Hi, while you at it pls "chmod +r" on the following scripts in the svn dictionary (rev 14128):

/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/ogg/missing
/home/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/paplayer/vorbisfile/libvorbis/missing

--

Well, the world is right again. Compiles on AMD64 now. Because of all of this we now have much better audio support for AMD64 then we previously had. Almost on par with 32-bit now. A prize to whoever owns audio files that can be played on the 32-bit system but not 64-bit. Also, vorbis has been updated, so the above problem is gone. Didn't fix the gcc-4.3 problems as I don't have it. Hopefully monkeyman can get that.
The problem is <string.h> is not included in the main.cpp file.

Why do we even have the examples in svn anyway? I'm committing the fix, but I think that we should just remove the whole examples/ directory for flac.

I'd do it myself, but I don't really know how Wink

Malloc?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
svn version and gcc 4.3.10