XBMC for Windows, rev 13859
Hey All,

again, great work devs. The only thing I am seeing is when or after I watch a movie it still will not return to the main video menu, it just hangs at the end of the movie in black screen. I then hit X to stop and it takes about 15 seconds to end and go back to the library.

I still get the few times after viewing an avi video and then trying to via another I get no sound and the buffering window pops up and will no continue, I have to restart xbmc to get the sound back.

thanks,

Dave
I'm a happy camper now that video works for me again I had been sufering from the black skreen issue that others pepol, with older Radeon cards have been seeing.

I got this build working by doing a fresh install of the app and my gpu drives, (I had been trying the omega drives) before I did a fresh install.

I was getting some odd results with this build when trying to play video it would play but with a flashing white light and after exiting text in the GUI was lots of variably sized wight squares and oblongs. the time was not affected by this anomaly so if any one elsse is seeing this it should be fixable with a fresh install. Smile

cpu 2.0 GHZ AMD 3000+
All in wonder 9200se
1 gig of ram

all working great now thanks for fixing this I've been using rev 12882 since this issue came up so I'm looking forward to checking this out.
Martomo Wrote:Thanks, only a small bug in the installation, I unchecked Scripts, but it stills installs the included scripts, the rest works fine though.
Fixed in svn, thanks Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Chirel Wrote:I'm an xbmc xbox user since the begining.

The only real problem i have with the xbox version is the HD support so i first waited for an xbox360 or ps3 port, but this seems not planned.

I discovered that there was this xbmc for windows, that may be the answer.

Just installed it, it work like a charm and i can read my HD ac3 / x264 source like a charm !

I love that !

Now i have to build a dedicated hardware system based on windows but optimized for video & audio with remote control & nice looking.

I want to thanks you all for xbmc, keep going you rocks !

a french XBMC fan.

I second that. My new 10mp Kodak takes .mp4 1080 HD videos, but my Xbox is now showing its age and cannot play them. So I have switched to XBMC win32. Plus now I can zoom in on my HD pictures without the Xbox running out of memory. Thanks.
I removed -p from the "XBMC (Windowed)" shortcut, yet the database is still made in "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\UserData". It is also looking for keymap.xml in that folder as well as sources.xml and thumbnails, visualization and playlists folders. I thought removing the -p would have XBMC use the UserData folder within the XBMC folder. Do I mis-understand?
Charly Wrote:Fixed in svn, thanks Smile
Thanks, much appreciated, keep up the good work!
Yay, DVD's and ISO's work perfectly.
kricker Wrote:After playing a video with this build, my fonts go a bit wonky.

I am running at my desktop resolution of 1200x700 on an onboard nvidia 6150. The previous build had no such issue. Let me know if you need a log for this.
I've been hitting this issue consistently since at least the last build, using a GeForce 7900 on Vista. I will launch a video, see a 'Buffering' window with a progress bar, and the video under it will always flash.

On the previous build, I could return to the menu (fonts are now garbled blocks), reselect the video, and it would successfully launch this time. On the new build, I crash XBMC.

Please suggest anything you need from me, and I will provide it when I return home tonight.

Keep up the great work!
i think my webserver is starting to execute, but then errors out.

logs show the following

start the webserver on port 80
listens to event requests on port 4777

about 4 lines of debug later says

error server returned: 302 found

btw, should i be able to access some kind of menu from entering browser on local pc and entering local ip, or 127.0.0.1?cause it shows error 404

regards,
Dam0
sorry, but cant find edit option

seems the web server is in fact running. because when i type 127.0.0.1 in browser, i get error 404 (The webpage cannot be found) in browser. but xbmc logs show "DEBUG: webs: accept request".

so im not sure how this helps my situation.

btw, i get this when i try to ip addy on local, and on remote pcs.

xp sp3

Dam0
hey tell me, what are the chances of being able to just install the xbmc and it will automatically delete the user information and the previous verison first.
ninebr34ker Wrote:hey tell me, what are the chances of being able to just install the xbmc and it will automatically delete the user information and the previous verison first.

0%
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@amerrykan, dam0: provide logfiles via pastebin. Otherwise we can't do much.
@amerrykan: I have a nvidia 7800GT and don't have those issues.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
kricker Wrote:I removed -p from the "XBMC (Windowed)" shortcut, yet the database is still made in "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\UserData". It is also looking for keymap.xml in that folder as well as sources.xml and thumbnails, visualization and playlists folders. I thought removing the -p would have XBMC use the UserData folder within the XBMC folder. Do I mis-understand?

Try removing profile.xml (hope this was the name) and try again. afaik the path is still stored there. starting with a clan install shouldn't have this problem.
Are we are going to be getting builds more often now? That would be awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 138590