XBMC for Windows, rev 13859
Depends if something noticeable changes in svn or we think it's worth to deploy a new version.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:...
@amerrykan: I have a nvidia 7800GT and don't have those issues.
Did you see my response to my first post about this?
Quote:As for my font issue posted above. I tested using the 720p resolution setting and it did not happen. With 720p setting I get overscan though. I guess I'll just use the video calibration to fix the OSD being cropped. Thankfully the calibration works in this build. In the previous build the fonts would get huge if anything in the video calibration was adjusted.
What resolution are you running at? Can you try to change it to your desktop resolution and see if you get the wierdness?
WiSo Wrote:Try removing profile.xml (hope this was the name) and try again. afaik the path is still stored there. starting with a clan install shouldn't have this problem.
That did it. Since the first time I started it I used the -p switch, so the path got set in the profiles.xml.
kricker Wrote:Did you see my response to my first post about this?
What resolution are you running at? Can you try to change it to your desktop resolution and see if you get the wierdness?
I am at my desktop resolution (this is on my NVIDIA driver-created custom resolution of 1246x748 or whatever craziness actually fits my display).

I'll look for a log when I get home tonight, but for the clueless, where is it created? Do I need to pass a switch to xbmc to tell it to create a log? Let me know.
the log is crated in C:\Program Files\XBMC you will need to turn on debug logging in system settings and upload it to pastebin.com post link here
I just tried to install this on my "crappy" IBM Thinkpad with SP XP3 and it does not even start.

It just crashes and comes up with the usual Microsoft error message and the offer to send the Log file to Bill Gates.

Is there a way to command line start XBMC so it automatically starts in debug and I would have a chance to get some kind of log for you guys ?

The Laptop has a S3 Savage DX Graphics Chipset and 500MB ram
I created a couple of Vista size (256x 256 bit) icons for your HTPC desktop for XBMC. I noticed the default icon stayed small when i chose the large size. So here it is.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CNSZBNUF
BUG REPORT: When playing .idx/.sub subtitles with more than one language, all languages are displayed at the same time (equals: mess)! :-)
got a strange problem here that alsohappened with previous build onmy mates machine i built for him

i install xbmc, set up path to TV shows
everything works fine, sd content tv show plays back, mkv HD tv show content plays back

ok thats done, tvdb'd n stuff

so i go and add link to the high def movies folder

most of the time when u go and playback a HD movie as soon as you press play xbmc not responding and it just freezes right there

it also then intermittantly happens in the TV show section to

PC is a quad core q6600,2 gig ram, gigabyte ds4 mobo, nvidia 8600gt video card asus magic dvd-i

using latest nvidia drivers from about 2 weeks odd ago
this machine is identical to mine except i have a 8800gt video card
both have windows xp sp3 installed

so im at a bit of a loss why its happening on his machine and not mine ( or others )

hopefully someone can shed some light
Wiso,

as requested, heres my log for xbmc windows latest rls.

http://pastebin.com/m682f196e

you will notice i have tried to use the remote key press on xbox 1 remote, however is shows action = 0 for all buttons.

following that i tried to access the web server while xbmc is running on same pc using 127.0.0.1 in browser with page not found error shown in browser, yet the logs show "accept request"

hope this helps.

Regards,
Dam0
Amazing.
Been using xbmc for xbox for years. Did not even know till know you guys where progression so far on a pc build.

note:
I also have font the issue where the fonts are scrambled.
Using xmbc on a vist 64bit machine.
Dam0 Wrote:following that i tried to access the web server while xbmc is running on same pc using 127.0.0.1 in browser with page not found error shown in browser, yet the logs show "accept request"

Looks like we've forgot to include the web pages in the installer. Meanwhile get a t3ch release and copy the web folder into the xbmc dir.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks, will do

ill post results in a few mins

Dam0
success with web menus, but still no success with mode2006 remote app.

thanks,
Dam0
WiSo Wrote:0%

I mean it is still recommended for us to delete the user directories before we update xbmc isn't it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 138590