XBMC for Windows, rev 13859
ninebr34ker Wrote:I mean it is still recommended for us to delete the user directories before we update xbmc isn't it?

We try to announce changes which could affect the userdirs but if you would like to be on the safe side, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
So for the past few night I have been having an issues where I would watch a movie for a little bit I would notice on occasion that the movie would Ffwd a scene on it's own and the audio would then catch up but that was it. Then two nights ago I was watching a 2nd movie in a row and the movie got about 1/3rd through and then it just started skipping - same scene like it was on repeat. So the image would freeze and the audio would skip, ie my rcvr kept juming from seeing dd 5.1 to dd 2 channel back and forth.

I figured it was a network issues so I rebooted all my servers and router but no dice same problem. I replaced the libdvdcss.dll file again and it seems fixed at least as of last night and one movie. I will try again tonight. I cannot see anything in the logs other then it playing that specific movie file.

My Library is now up to 900 files and it is starting to take a long time to read when it first loads up is this the norm is there any cap on the db or can I increase a cache size or alot more memory to those files.

Regards,

Dave
just noticed IMDB set content doesnt use "use folder name for archive lookup" thingy, it still uses the archive name, not the folder name.

Regards,
Dam0
when using the aeon skin and browsing movies with the fanart enabled, after focusing on several items one after another alowing fanart to load as you go, xbmc crashes. this happens on all occasions of browsing here is the error form the log

FATAL: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at 0x0079671b

running on vista x86, nvidia GForce 7650 GS 1G Ram intel core duo
sorry for incorrect post prior re imdm lookups

seems it looks up correct info, just shows the archive names in menu in top left.

Dam0
issue i've been having is when playin mkv files the audio stutters anybody ran into this problem?
keland44 Wrote:issue i've been having is when playin mkv files the audio stutters anybody ran into this problem?

yeah I have that problem too. On two separate computers with completely different hardware. Both are using digital pass through for audio tho... not analog
no sound problems here ive come across with mkv
im doing digital out and all working well
This has worked wonders on one pc in the house and now XBMC seems to be fine, however, my daughters machine is not so happy, when running XBMC it opens non centered (the whole xbmx is to the bottom left) and video's have a green tint. Any idea why this is? It is a Dell Opitplex GX520 with an inbuilt Intel 82495G express chipset and running vista.

Cheers
If this helps: Running Vista, I had to turn ON Compatibility mode for xbmc.exe and turn off DPI scaling (because I run large text on my HTPC), otherwise the screen was scaled incorrectly. Most importantly, I found that my video card mfg. web site (ATI) had a newer Vista driver then Microsofts Update service. Both of these cleared up all me screen issues.
prolly on a much lower priority, however thought its worth mentioning...

the "restart xbmc" option from shutdown menu and also from network config menu does nothing atm.

regards,
Dam0
I have two issues...

1. From the moment i start the program, my CPU goes to 100% like crazy.

2. I have a 32" LCD screen through a HDMI cable.... there's no way to output the main window to that screen in full screen mode. The only resolution available in "full screen" from the appearance-screen menu is my desktop screen.

I've read all 13 pages from this forum and some people ask about this, but there are no answers... there's nothing at the wiki, there's nothing at google... can someone please tell me something about it?
Great Thanks to the Dev's Nod Keepup the Great Work, I love you guy'sWinkLaugh
@daviduco:

for the high CPU usage, see the link below. It helped with my setup.

CPU Usage Fix

regarding your second issue, are you working with a dual monitor? if yes, i think it'll always show full screen on your primary monitor, try changing the primary to your LCD screen.
By the way thanks to all the Developers, I've tried a lot of Media Center solutions and XBMC is the slickest one yet. It probably crashed a bunch of times during setup, but it was worth it. Big Grin

Keep up the great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 138590