Cannot start any video add-ons; Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.04
Like the subject line says, I am unable to start any video add-ons with my configuration (Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.04).  Kodi logfile is uploaded to
https://paste.kodi.tv/zugihipazu.kodi

The problem seems to be with a python script?  This error seems to appear often in the logfile:
  Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
(2019-06-15, 04:44)Mark1953 Wrote: Like the subject line says, I am unable to start any video add-ons with my configuration (Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.04).  Kodi logfile is uploaded to
https://paste.kodi.tv/zugihipazu.kodi

The problem seems to be with a python script?  This error seems to appear often in the logfile:
  Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
After posting the above, I'm wondering if there is anyone else using the same Kodi configuration (v18.2 running on Ubuntu) and can tell me which video addons from the Kodi Repository are actually working?  I've searching around the internet and I see stories of many video addons are not working due to incompatibilities with the latest version of Kodi and beginning to think that perhaps I should consider downgrading my version of Kodi.  BTW I've managed to get a few music addons working fine, but haven't found one video add-on I can get running under my configuration.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.04: using it on two different machines here, although they hardly have any video addons. Youtube worked last time I tried it.

I see 2 dependencies for the aswim addon:

Perhaps one of those is the culprit.
(2019-06-15, 20:04)Klojum Wrote: Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.04: using it on two different machines here, although they hardly have any video addons. Youtube worked last time I tried it.

I see 2 dependencies for the aswim addon:

Perhaps one of those is the culprit.
Well, I've done a bit more experimenting and have found that I am able to open and run a few video add-ons like CNN, RT, CBC.CA,  Cooking Channel, and Popcorn movies.  However, Youtube addon and any video addon that links to Youtube, I am unable to run.  I have downloaded the latest version of the Youtube addon (anxdpanic, bromix 6.4.1) and it refuses to run.  Can anyone suggest what I can do to get the Youtube addon successfully running?

Klojum:  Thanks for the suggestion.  What am I to do if one of the dependencies for aswim is the culprit?  Can anything be done to rectify the dependency issue if this is the case?

Mark
(2019-06-18, 04:59)Mark1953 Wrote: What am I to do if one of the dependencies for aswim is the culprit? 

Open a ticket in the Kodi bug tracker (link at top among the web menu options) with all possible details including your log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot start any video add-ons; Kodi 18.2 - Ubuntu 16.040