Movie fanart not working in the AEON skin?
Question 
I'm using the 6-30 T3CH build and AEON 11b, and can't for the life of me get movie fanart working.

debug log

The log shows me trying to set it for a movie, and also refreshing the movie info to see if it would find it itself.

In that directory I have:
A Bug's Life.avi
A Bug's Life-fanart.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it means anything, I do have the fanart thumbnails in my thumbnails/video/fanart directory after selecting it, it just doesn't display.
Have you enabled them in the AEON options?
I never noticed an option.
That could very well be my issue if there is one. Sad
Actually, it is set. its "use contextual artwork for TV and movies".

Fanart works fine for TV, just not movies.

To make it even more frustrating, I deleted my AEON folder and re-uploaded it, in case I borked something before, and now I have no backdrops in the Home screen.
Browsing they show up in every screen, but not on the home screen.
I've upgraded to rev 14095 and AEON 11c, still no dice.

Anyone got any ideas? is it maybe not implemented in the Xbox builds for some reason?
Hiya - Movie fanart doesn't work in Back-Row either (on the latest Xbox build) but works fine with the current Linux build. So I'm thinking it's just not working on the Xbox, unless of course someone with an Xbox has it working?
Okay I've checked memory levels, lowered the fanart size to an xbox friendly smaller size and it doesn't appear to be a memory issue - again, like mentioned previously, the same image will display if you browse and select it as tv fanart under the TV library. The xbox shows similar memory levels for both these situations.

Code:
<texture>$INFO[listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>

The above line will display TV fanart at the TV Show level but doesn't appear to show movie fanart. As stated, under the same conditions - it all works fine under Linux.

The log shows the following when it deals with the movie fanart selection:

Code:
08:23:43 M:  9719808    INFO: Caching image from: smb://MSS-FFCB34/movies/Movies/Underworld/underworld-fanart.jpg to q:\UserData\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart\90924947.tbn
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG: Unable to resolve msvcr71.dll div
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG: Unable to resolve msvcr71.dll ??1type_info@@UAE@XZ
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG: Unable to resolve msvcr71.dll ?terminate@@YAXXZ
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG: kernel32.dll fake function DisableThreadLibraryCalls called
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG:   msg: CxImage::Load - loading <smb://MSS-FFCB34/movies/Movies/Underworld/underworld-fanart.jpg> of type <3>
08:23:43 M:  9089024   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened movies/Movies/Underworld/underworld-fanart.jpg, fd=10000
08:23:47 M:  2859008   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000
I am just reposting from the bigger AEON thread in here

I can confirm that fanart does NOT work on an xbox over smb

All files where converted to be 1280 x 720

all combination of file name was tried

Movie.avi
Movie-fanart.jpg
Movie-fanart.tiff
Movie-fanart.tbn
Movie-fanart.bmp

-J

I can help in any way to help resolve it just let me know what to do and how to do it to help.
Tried local?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Tried local?

Could it make a difference? I'm finding that while it won't display the fanart, it does create a thumbnail in thumbnails/video/fanart.

So, the images are getting from my smb shares to the xbox, just nothing is happening with them.
It could make a difference, yes. The reason I suggest it is it works perfectly for me on win32 (or did when I last tried it, a couple of weeks ago).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Does not work locally.

log

Hi - Yeah I've just tried to select the same image from a folder stored on the xbox itself and it's not still not displaying it.
However, that time it did not copy the image to the fanart folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie fanart not working in the AEON skin?0