Kodi is my hero for ZoomFactor 0.5: Thank You
Hello,

Thank you Kodi Team and LibreELEC Team for all the hard work, so that i can use for years Kodi with ZoomFactor 0.5. I will use this thread as a reference when i open some issues i found because of my special use case. Just for somebody who is interessted why i would like to use ZoomFactor 0.5.

Why would someone use ZoomFactor 0.5? I am nearly blind, because my viewing angle is only around 4 degrees. Normal people can see 150 to 180 degrees.
So what does that mean for me. I sit 2.5m from the TV and with 4 degrees i see at once (without moving eyes) less then a A4 Letter in size. In 10m it is less then 1m in diameter.
Kodi is my hero for the feature to change the default ZoomFactor. For me it is right now 0.5 on a 55" OLED TV (that was the smalest one i could find). If there are fast scenes in movies i need to see all at once and that should be only the size of a A4 Letter. Otherwise i do not get it at all and yes the 27.5" i use at the moment is to big for me, but i like using native 1080p (just 1/4 of my 4k TV for the movies).
Why did i not buy a small TV or monitor? I want to have a nice TV and the GUI is to small on a TV/Monitor that is the right size for viewing movies or TV shows.

So thank you Team Kodi and Team LibreELEC again.

My use case brings some problems and i find some bugs that are probably only for me a problem.

Zoomfactor 0.5 on a 4k TV is 1080p in real that is used. So when i see a Bluray on my 4k TV it is in native 1080p resolution when Kodi is using 4k on the TV but a ZoomFactor of 0.5 for the video and the GUI in full size.
I need to set the GUI to 2160p, because Kodi is only switching up when the resolution of the video is higher then the GUI resolution. When i play 1080p Kodi need to play that in 2160p with a ZoomFactor of 0.5 so it is native 1080p resolution, but only uses a quarter of the TV. If i set the GUI to 1080p that is not working.
I own 13 2160p UHD movies so far and yes i play them at 1080p, but i can use HDR.

I will write some bug reports of the problems i found and will use this post as a reference.

(No pun intended)
I'm glad it works out for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is my hero for ZoomFactor 0.5: Thank You0