Can view type control media info display?
Pardon me if this is a stupid question but I haven't found any answers. Then again I may be looking in the wrong place or simply not looking hard enough. Laugh

When pressing Info, or sometimes Title, on the Xbox remote when playing a video many skins have a "Media Info" display popup showing the filename, length, etc. This is usually separate from what pops up when pressing Menu.

I am in the mockup stages of a skin idea and I was wondering if it is possible to allow the view type to determine the style of this Media Info popup. For instance, if your files/ library view is in Wide Banner then the Media Info popup could be a style that displays a Wide Banner icon. Or if your files/ library view is in Poster then the Media Info popup could be a style that displays a DVD cover/ movie poster icon.

Is this possible? Perhaps some sort of "if... then" statement?
I haven't tested it but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

Say your list view has id 50 you could put the osd media info in a group and by using
<visible>Control.IsVisible(50)</visible> this group an therefore this layout should appear only when list view is activated.

Then create a layout for the other viewtype, put that in another group and use a condition on that too. And so on.

Oh: note that as far as I know you can't use the container icon of the currently playing video in the OSD. So a wide banner icon of the tvshow for instance won't work. I believe you can only use the icon of the listitem. But anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can view type control media info display?0