blackbarcolor in advancedsettings.xml does it work?
I am using the osxbmc port. Can someone test and report if the blackbarcolor tag works in advancedsettings.xml within osxbmc? I use this on my xbox and would like to use it on my mac as well.

I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I am curious if it works in a direct port of xbmc as well. if it does, I will compile my own from source.

thanks to anyone who can help. I would really like to get this feature going....
just a MAJOR FYI: These forums aren't for the fork "osxbmc" but instead for our official OSX port.

Instead see: http://forums.osxbmc.com/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the response Pike!

In regards to the official OSX port,does this option work? also, sorry if this has been answered but will I need to compile my own official OSX port from source? I will compile my own if someone could test this feature for me and see if it works or not.

Do you know of any reason why this would not work?
If it doesn't work then there is a bit of code missing in the GL renderers (and thus it'll apply to all platforms other than xbox). On the directx version we do a Clear() with the said color set.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

thanks jmarshall. Hopefully someone can test this forme ona linux or preferably a mac. It doesn'r seem to workon osxbmc but I will attempt to compile the official port this weekend and test that as well. I really need that feature for my plasma...
Fixed in revision 13910. Thanks for the report.

thank you jmarshall. It means a lot to me that you responded so quickly. I am off to vote for xbmc now at sourceforge and then will attempt to compile it for my self.... otherwise I will wait for the next build or two....
No problem, and thanks for the vote Smile

no problem. I love xbmc on my xbox and use it daily. I just got a mac and would liketo use it for hd. I tried the new build from elan and it is not working. I would like to compile my own official build but am having trouble downloading xcode form apple adc. Can anyone confirm that blackbarcolor works in advancedsettings on osxbmc?
I don't know if elan has ported it across or not - you'll have to ask him. It will be supported already on XBMC for OSX though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blackbarcolor in advancedsettings.xml does it work?0