Pi4 Horizontal line
Hi!
I've just got hold of a Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB RAM. 
I've installed Raspbian Buster and installed Kodi.... which downloads 17.6 as standard at the moment. That's fine. 
However - when I play a movie, the audio is perfect, but the video shows an annoying horizontal line towards the top every now and again. Doesn't matter which movie file I play. Has anyone else expierienced this and do you know a fix!!?
Thanks
Right now the RPi4 is all new hardware, and so is Raspbian Buster (which is not our OS).
Kodi 17.6 is EOL as far tech support goes. Kodi 18 is current and that one is nearing EOL too.

Kodi on a RPi 4 is best done via LibreELEC. Any other support will go via the Raspbian forums.
If what you're talking about is video tearing, then I too have this issue. I bought the Pi 4 (4gb ram) as an upgrade for my Pi 2. I never had any tearing on my Pi 2 so I was shocked when I saw how bad it was on the Pi 4.

Its got to be a software configuration issue...
(2019-07-24, 08:31)Silent Wrote: If what you're talking about is video tearing, then I too have this issue. I bought the Pi 4 (4gb ram) as an upgrade for my Pi 2. I never had any tearing on my Pi 2 so I was shocked when I saw how bad it was on the Pi 4.

Its got to be a software configuration issue...

As another user suggested, I installed libreelec instead of buster and that issue has gone... So yes, looks like it was software.... But I don't really want to be booted to Kodi each time. I want to be able to use an operating system as a desktop PC and run Kodi when I want it. I'm not sure how in libreelec I can just go to a desktop...
You can't - LE is a specifically crafted and paired down OS ("Just enough for Kodi", as its tagline tells you Wink ). It doesn't offer a desktop or anything else, it's just there to support Kodi and nothing more. OSMC has more functionality and supports more, so might be more what you want (although I'm not sure that too would offer a full desktop, but I've not tried it in a long while).

At the moment iirc the version of Kodi shipping with Raspbian Buster is the generic Debian one, and has not (yet) been optimised for the Pi. Hence why it doesn't perform as well as the version in Stretch.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi4 Horizontal line0