• 98(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2020-06-24, 18:27)Wanilton Wrote: MQ8 is not compatible with Matrix. 

Using MQ9 here, but don´t have one public version at this moment. 

Check Amber by @bsoriano, have one skin compatible with Matrix, here link.
Gotcha! Thanks, I'll look around. Definitely waiting for MQ9 but not sure when it'll be public. 

Thanks.
(2020-06-24, 17:55)luci5r Wrote: This was not an issue before and I had Aeon Nox MQ8 working fine through your last update (I believe 06.20.2020).

Thanks.

if it was working before in a different install, just get a zip of it and edit the addon.xml so that it calls for xbmc.gui 5.15.0 then install from zip.  It won't magically fix anything in the skin, just allow Kodi to enable it.

scott s.
(2020-06-24, 19:59)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 17:55)luci5r Wrote: This was not an issue before and I had Aeon Nox MQ8 working fine through your last update (I believe 06.20.2020).

Thanks.

if it was working before in a different install, just get a zip of it and edit the addon.xml so that it calls for xbmc.gui 5.15.0 then install from zip.  It won't magically fix anything in the skin, just allow Kodi to enable it.

scott s.

Whoa!!! That worked!!! Everything looks perfectly fine and back to normal with Aeon MQ8. 

Thank You!!
I updated nvidia game driver version 451.48 which was released on 24Jun.
Now i played HDR videos, the picture is white wash, similar to Kodi 18.7.
I installed the latest build V19 dated 25Jun.
But picture is still white wash.
Also after update to 25Jun V19 build, got msg that Aeon nox silvo cannot work. 
Tried downing Ace2, Aeon MQ8 & Aeon Tajo also got error. “Dependency on xbmc.gui version5.14.0 could not be satisfied”.
Anyone encounter the same issue?
(2020-06-26, 15:08)Waterbottle23 Wrote: I updated nvidia game driver version 451.48 which was released on 24Jun.
Tried downing Ace2, Aeon MQ8 & Aeon Tajo also got error. “Dependency on xbmc.gui version5.14.0 could not be satisfied”.

@Waterbottle23 

Hi... I have the same white wash issue. (this isnt very helpfull, rifht Big Grin)

But, I can help you with the dependency for your skins:  just navigate to your addons directory, open the "addon.xml" file for the skin you want to load and change the line "<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0" />" for "<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0" />". Enable it under your skins addons when you star Kodi.

i.e.
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\addon.xml

I hope this be helpful...
Return to your previous driver, the issue happens with a few GPU models and the new driver.  It fixes the white wash issue.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-06-26, 17:18)Wanilton Wrote: Return to your previous driver, the issue happens with a few GPU models and the new driver.  It fixes the white wash issue.

Hi Wanilton, thanks for the advice.
Now all is good! 

Hi everyone, FYI I’m using Gigabyte GTX1650. 
I updated nvidia driver 451.48 and caused all HDR to be white wash.
I went to device manager and uninstall GTX1650 & add/remove program and remove the nvidia driver.
Thereafter go to www.geforce.com/Drivers and downloaded driver ver 446.14.
Resolved the issue.
(2020-06-26, 15:49)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-06-26, 15:08)Waterbottle23 Wrote: I updated nvidia game driver version 451.48 which was released on 24Jun.

@Waterbottle23 

Hi... I have the same white wash issue. (this isnt very helpfull, rifht Big Grin)

But, I can help you with the dependency for your skins:  just navigate to your addons directory, open the "addon.xml" file for the skin you want to load and change the line "<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.14.0" />" for "<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0" />". Enable it under your skins addons when you star Kodi.

i.e.
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\addon.xml

I hope this be helpful...  

Hi I followed your method and change the version from 5.14 to 5.15. 
But I don’t see Aeon nox silvo at “Get more” skin options.
I can only Guess V19 is not supporting it.
I’m fine with it since it’s still in the development phase.
Any skin for me, So Long the HDR works
Another fix for use with the latest Nvidia driver (driver version 451.48 which was released on 24 Jun), when happening white wash issue, use only if happen the issue for you.

Create/edit advancedsettings.xml in Kodi userdata folder:
Code:
<advancedsettings version="1.0">
  <video>
    <disableDXVAdiscretedecoder>true</disableDXVAdiscretedecoder>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
@Wanilton
Could i check with you if Matrix support Dolby vision? 
Thanks.
@Waterbottle23

Fandangos merged code in Matrix to simply discarding the DV enhancement layer to fix green screen picture output issues from Dual Layer UHD Bluray Rips playback with Kodi V19 Matrix. So then, the regular HDR10 layer can playback properly. But It’s not adding Dual Layer DV support to Kodi v19 Matrix, sorry.

Here the code committed:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/7250...a7b0f64380
Hi everyone, I wanted to thank Fandangos for the work he has done so far and for his commitment which has put us in every sense to bring Kodi HDR to fruition.

I started using this version two days ago and so far it seems to me to be fine, my video chain is made up of LG C9 TV, computer with Ryzen 3900X processor and Radeon RX550 video card, motherboard with X570 chipset. in the next few days I will also try some films in 4K HDR.

Can I ask if there is a way to install Aeon MQ8? because every time I try to install it it tells me that it is not compatible, thanks.
I have tried several attempts but I cannot restore it, it is a skin that I love very much.
sorry for my approximate english.
MQ8 is not compatible with Kodi Matrix, but have one way to install, check this post.
(2020-06-28, 20:56)Wanilton Wrote: @Waterbottle23

Fandangos merged code in Matrix to simply discarding the DV enhancement layer to fix green screen picture output issues from Dual Layer UHD Bluray Rips playback with Kodi V19 Matrix. So then, the regular HDR10 layer can playback properly. But It’s not adding Dual Layer DV support to Kodi v19 Matrix, sorry.

Here the code committed:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/7250...a7b0f64380
Hi Wanilton. Appreciative of you and Fandangos’s work on V19. 
It’s really great. 
I just happen to read about DV and got curious.
Nvidia shield pro supports DV, i think it has kodi pre-installed in the unit. 
So curious what makes the difference.
More info about, read this thread

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9