Crackling when starting network radio stream
Hai all,

I notice similar behaviour on my new Kodi Matrix, LE-10, RPI 4-Hifiberry dac2 HD and active loudspeakers.
Have tried all the suggestions as written above, no positive results.
Switching clocks as cause sounds plausible for me, but i am not an expert.

Sound quality with flac ripped CD music is very good, streamed from a Synology nas over NFS
The problem still happens with Kodi Matrix (osmc) on RPi3 with USB DAC.
I have this issue as well, and have since I've been using the app. I'm running rpi4 with librelec 10.1 with audio through HDMI into the Tv and out into Edifier 1280DB speakers via optical. It doesn't matter what station or what format, it always happens, although some stations pop louder than others.
to be clear -- it only happens for me on the Radio app, nothing else, not playing mp3's in kodi directly or any video.
In my case it is only Internet Radio stations with MP3 format.

I solved by enabling the option "Allow passthrough" in System/Audio Settings. The crackling is gone!
For me on KODI and the CoreElec system, this information does not work, but ...
After switching the default audioplayer to videoplayer the loud pops when starting audio network streams are gone:
~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<defaultplayer>VideoPlayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
Quote:~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

This actually worked for me, on a Raspberry Pi 2 with libreelec installed on it.

Thank you so much!
I can confirm modify this :
Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml:
with this :
Code:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
Makes you use video player, but I don't really consider change to a player that is not made for audio a solution, but anyway thanks to people finding this, my sound system & my ear thank you a lot !
(๑╹ڡ╹)╭ ~ ♡
This worked for me as well with the following setup: Libreelec 11.0.6 with Kodi 20.3 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+

No more crackling sounds.

I had to create (and not modify) the file ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the mentioned xml lines.

I am glad i came here 4.5 years later to find a solution to this problem and would like to thank the contributors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crackling when starting network radio stream0