Req Support for IPTV Bouquets?
Ya, I’m working in the US for a couple of weeks and if I can connect to your STB then I can work on this for you. If you’re ok with this just PM me the connection details (please change the password for the duration).
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2019-08-05, 23:32)phunkyfish Wrote: Ya, I’m working in the US for a couple of weeks and if I can connect to your STB then I can work on this for you. If you’re ok with this just PM me the connection details (please change the password for the duration).

Any progress on this? I've also struggled few weeks with this trying to play srefs without any knowledge, copying those from dvb channels to iptv channel etc so i could fool Kodi to think they are dvb channels.  Laugh Blush It would be great if instead of maintaining two playlists and epg it could be all done on stb.
I'm looking at this currently. Gimme a few days and I'll see what I can figure out.
I can't seem to get an IPTV stream from your STB @djneil 

For regular channels it works just fine. I wonder if ​t​​​​​he STB can only play IPTV streams directly, i.e it cannot stream them out again to kodi.

Next I will try to extract IPTV stream URL and pass it instead of the sRef to see if that works (however, I'm not sure this is a workable solution longer term).
Ok, so the STB cannot re-stream an IPTV stream. It can record it though and playback already works. I have not tested transcoding yet.

I have a working prototype where I extract the URL and pass it to kodi pvr. Doing it in this way means you cannot timeshift.

I will look at transcoding tomorrow and see does that work, that would be better as it would mean timeshift would be possible.
Ok, so transcoding didn’t work I’m afraid. At least on your image/STB @djneil.

As both are recent I doubt it’s possible on any box.

So we’ll go with the approach of passing the URL to kodi.
I have a PR ready for the Matrix nightlies. It will take a bit longer for Leia as there is currently an issue with binary addons build. Will post back once they are back up and running.
(2019-08-12, 03:50)phunkyfish Wrote: I have a PR ready for the Matrix nightlies. It will take a bit longer for Leia as there is currently an issue with binary addons build. Will post back once they are back up and running.

Hi, great to here your could figure something out.
Transcode wouldn't work with IPTV simple either so this is not such a deal-breaker for me.

What I makes me curious is: at one time I messed up the channel reference for one IPTV channel and since then whatever channel I picked on Kodi it started playing that one channel. So it kind of must have re-streamed it.
From my understanding this is kind of what @JetiMaster did. Creating a unique reference manually. As soon as there's a real unique reference for each IPTV channel, it might be able to re-stream.

Anyway, I do not necessarily need to re-stream as this is more a comfort thing than anything else.
At least this way I can manage the channel lists all at one place for DVB and IPTV.

Thanks again for all the effort you made already!

Cheers!
Interesting. Which is that one channel, I will check it on your device?

@JetiMaster can you detail what you got working? If there is a way to re-stream that would be ideal as it would be consistent with DVB channels.

If we figure out how to do this maybe we can automate it so it’s easier for everyone to do.
(2019-08-12, 16:02)phunkyfish Wrote: Interesting. Which is that one channel, I will check it on your device?

@JetiMaster can you detail what you got working? If there is a way to re-stream that would be ideal as it would be consistent with DVB channels.

If we figure out how to do this maybe we can automate it so it’s easier for everyone to do.

I will try to reproduce that tomorrow and then you could have a look at what is different.
As far as I remember it was changing the type of one channel to IPTV with dreamboxedit and then it acted that way.

Edit: just tried to reproduce but unfortunately I can't remember what I actually did.
I know it worked, but I can't tell you why. Sorry.
(2019-08-12, 19:21)djneil Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 16:02)phunkyfish Wrote:  

I will try to reproduce that tomorrow and then you could have a look at what is different.
As far as I remember it was changing the type of one channel to IPTV with dreamboxedit and then it acted that way. 
This would be the perfect solution. Much better than the basic version I've PR'd.
(2019-08-12, 16:02)phunkyfish Wrote: Interesting. Which is that one channel, I will check it on your device?

Unfortunately i never got that far. I only tried to make IPTV channels visible to Kodi without success, so thank you for making it possible now. I dont think its possible to re-stream iptv channels without some support of image, but passing the url is more than enough for me. I already installed latest Matrix and waiting now for repositories to update.

...Well there is one way to get IPTV stream out of box and that is timeshift buffer(if used) and if one also uses the zap on channel change option then you could get current stream from STB but that is a bit patchy and probably hard to implement. Anyway thanks again for your support and this great plugin!
NP, you’re very welcome.

To get timeshift to work it must re-stream. Otherwise you can’t have timeshift as kodi owns the stream and not the addon.
The repo’s will update within 24 hours of this PR being merged: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/pull/239

Bear in mind it can take a number of days for it to be reviewed first.
(2019-08-13, 06:45)phunkyfish Wrote: The repo’s will update within 24 hours of this PR being merged: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vuplus/pull/239

Bear in mind it can take a number of days for it to be reviewed first.

Is that for Leia also?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for IPTV Bouquets?0