wlanapi.dll
I saw the new commit for the networking stuff and found a Microsoft KB article which supposedly has the missing stuff. (I'm assuming the wlanapi is standard in VS2005 and VS2008?) I'm still running VS2003 so that I can compile the Xbox version. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to install it and see if I can compile with the define enabled with VS2003. I'll report back if it works or not.

(I actually have VS2008 Pro. Has anyone tried compiling the Xbox version with it? That's the only reason why I've not upgraded from VS2003.)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Pretty sure the XDK only works with 2k3.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Correct, even the very latest XDK is only compatible with Visual Studio 2003.
that KB article didnt work as it apparently only installed wlanapi.dll. the only thing i can find out about the header and library file is that they part of the "windows sdk". i found the server 2008 one and its a huge download at 1.3G. and it's unclear if it will even work with VS2003.

and thanks. i thought the xdk only worked with VS2003. that sucks. and i'm not about to try to install VS2008 on the same machine. it seems like that will cause a world of trouble Sad

if i find the motivation, i may install VS2008 on an XP virtual machine running in virtual box but i'm assuming it'll run like a dog.
vs2003+xdk and vs2008 works fine together on my PC.
The msdn wasn't that clear about the wlanapi.dll but it should be there with XP sp3 latest. Maybe it's first installed when inserting a wireless device?
Somehow we have to make this optional because I would like to compile XBMC for Windows with the wlanapi (need it for the mac mini Wink ).
Just wanted to add that VC2003+XDK and VC2008 works fine on my computer too.
So go for it kraqh3d Wink
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
i have the dll, but not the header and lib file. and thanks for the tip about installing both. i figured that would cause a ton of issues. but if it works, that's much better than running it in a virtual machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wlanapi.dll1