Strange Multipath/View Mode problem
View modes are being remembered properly, and Multipath view modes are being remembered properly, but subdirectories not so much...

I have a "High Def" folder on both the local drive and my server. Each one contains a "TV Shows" and "Movies" folder. For kicks I did a multipath of both "High Def" folders, and it magically combines the sub dirs as well. But, it won't remember view modes for the combined sub dirs. I like to have my movies and tv shows in different view modes.

Now, here's the weird part. If I set the view mode for the combined "High Def" folders, no problem. If I set the view mode for the combined "High Def/TV Shows" folders it changes the view mode for the "High Def" folder as well. But, if left untouched, the sub dirs will display in the default mode.

I'm sure that multipath wasn't really meant to combine directory structures, but I'm hoping for a workaround. I tried adding the multipath to the sql database manually but no luck...

Ideas? Any feedback would be appreciated.
-Dan
the multipath is essentially stacking for folders. from the "root", it fetches the contents of all configured paths and displays them together. and if it finds identical folder names, it stacks them together into a single folder.

i can't think of any reason why the multipath url wouldn't be added to the viewmodes database. can you post a copy of your viewmodes db?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Nevermind. Just call me an idiot.

I had removed the offending line from the database and repeated the problem. Before posting again though, I removed all references to that directory, and all multipath entries as well. Fully intending to repeat the problem and help narrow down the cause, I discovered that it now works properly.

There must have been something corrupt in my database. I took out any suspicious lines and reindexed it. Things have been good after that. If it happens again I will post up the database.

Remind me to wait another day before posting next time.

Thanks,
-Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Multipath/View Mode problem0