python engine not initialising
Following on from my post yesterday that jmarshall helped with, I'm having trouble with the python engine that would resolve that.

XBMC is running on Ubuntu 8.04 which comes with Python 2.5 by default. That said, I've installed Python 2.4 along with the dev libraries and as far as I can tell any attempt to call python will run python 2.4 (/usr/bin/python points at python2.4).

However despite several rebuilds and various mix'n'matching between 2.4 and 2.5 any attempt to use a .spy script from the internal website server causes the browser to sit there for ever, XBMC to refuse to die with anything other than a kill -9 and a whole bunch of hung connections on netstat.

The debug log shows it seems to get stuck after starting to initialise the python engine.

Pastebin available at http://pastebin.ca/1064861

If there is anything else that would be useful let me know.

(And thanks in advance for any help available!)
Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit the first one Sad.

For reference, I've now repeated the whole lot with a current SVN build (as of about an hour ago) and also trying the changes to the configure script discussed here.

Still no luck Sad
We build our own python .so which is currently fubar Smile Waiting is your best bet.
Ah - that'd explain it! Those grey hairs were in danger of being thrown around the place Smile

At the risk of only being able to offer to do the square root of sod all, is there anything that can be done to help?
Nag malloc64 Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
python engine not initialising0