MP3 Bookmarks?
Hi, I am partially sighted and I like to listen to a lot of audio books. Sometimes these files are very large single MP3 files. Often I want to pause listening to a book at a specific point and return to it the next day, or two or more days later, depending on how much time I have.

Sometimes (In fact often) I forget and I switch the xBox off after pausing it - or I will decide I want to listen to some music instead. However the problem when I do this is that I invariably loose my place when listening to my book, thus causing the necessity for me to spend a long time searching through the audio file trying to find my place again. This is fine (although still fiddly) if you only have to do it once, however if like me you are very forgetful and turn your Xbox off two or 3 times a day, it can become very time consuming.

Currently you can resume from the last played position for video files - but not for audio files.

I would like to suggest that it should be possible for both.

I once had a portable media player that did this for both audio and video files. If you pressed stop once on either and audio or video file and then resumed playback at a later point, playback would resume from the last played position. (Even if the system subsequently lost power). If however you pressed stop twice playback would resume from the beginning the next time you played the file.

Another possible idea is MP3 bookmarks. MP3 bookmarks are insanely useful things and it is a shame they are so underused. Unlike simply resuming from the last saved position, you can select a bookmark (or several) give it a name/tag and then write something about why you saved it. This may be slightly more difficult to do on the Xbox (though not that hard), but as XBMC is being ported to the PC, it is I suspect entirely possible to do and would be of great use to many people.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP3 Bookmarks?0