• 3(current)
MediaStream, coming soon...
Well you can't please all of the people all of the time I guess! Laugh

I am really excited about the release of the skin as it means there'll be more people out there getting to see the fruits of our labour (and in my opinion it should be worth the wait!)
boodai sounds like such a pansy!

Dude, its not the developers fault that you can't control yourself, thats something for you to take care of... Its kinda sad admitting on a forum like this that you can't help but get swollowed up in 'hype'.

Hype is something that you control yourself, you're the one who's responsibility it is the way you act, not the people making the thing you're excited for.

I advise you stay off the sugar and stay away from bright colours until you can learn to stop over stimulating yourself.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
boodai Wrote:Dunno, but unless the skin is spectacular I probably won't use it since it feels like I have been b**ch-slapped by the developers. If they wanted to keep it secret then they should never have told anyone anything about it until it was finished. Instead they are like someone teasing you with candy. OHH you think its pretty and tasty?? well to bad you can't have it. Nor can you know anything about it for months and months.

I have no problem with not releasing something till its done, but then don't be releaseing teaser screens either. And partial screens at that. Either be like aeon and give updates frequently so we can play with it and help find bugs and give suggestions, or don't tell us ANYTHING at all about it.. even that it exists until you are done with it. Not something in the middle that just causing fustration with the users.

Personally i love it when someone makes a post like this. It gives me a really good laugh and i get to laugh some more when others clown on him Laugh

Screenshot looks great. Can't wait to try it out.
Please tell me 4:3 is supported Nod
Sorry, probably not in the initial release anyway
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Sorry, probably not in the initial release anyway

damn this is the third good looking skin i cant use b/c of my tv
It will work fine on a 4x3 screen, it just may not look as pretty, as it'll be squished horizontally. Nothing stopping you using it, though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Blackbolt Wrote:boodai sounds like such a pansy!

Dude, its not the developers fault that you can't control yourself, thats something for you to take care of... Its kinda sad admitting on a forum like this that you can't help but get swollowed up in 'hype'.

Hype is something that you control yourself, you're the one who's responsibility it is the way you act, not the people making the thing you're excited for.

I advise you stay off the sugar and stay away from bright colours until you can learn to stop over stimulating yourself.

Apparently you have never seen the affects premature and unmanaged hype can have on products.

Giving people teasers early on in any product and then not following up with any information is bad because it generates alot of excitement, but then the excitement dies and when the product finally comes out no one is really excited about it anymore.

Giving teasers and information consistently since the first teaser lets the hype and user interest continue throughout the development of the product. It also managed expectattions so that users aren't expecting more than they are getting.

I have no problem with them keeping it all to themselves during the development. But after showing stuff.. then complaining and saying they weren't showing anything, and then showing something, and then once again giving almost no information all they are doing is generating negative hype which will only hurt the reception their skin gets.

I don't care what htey do really. I will end up using what ever works best for my needs anyhow, but figure it would be good for everyone to know they are doing some damage and even if I'm the only one that says anything about it I'm sure there are others that don't like what is going on.

But, to each their own. I probably won't use the skin for this reason. Unless is so amazing to overcome the negative feelings I already have about it. And if its that great, when then more power to them and congrats on making the skin. If it comes out and isn't that great... then I will be wondering why it was such a secret.....
boodai Wrote:I have no problem with them keeping it all to themselves during the development. But after showing stuff.. then complaining and saying they weren't showing anything, and then showing something, and then once again giving almost no information all they are doing is generating negative hype which will only hurt the reception their skin gets.

As far as I remember the post at the top of this thread is the first image we have ever released of the skin so not sure what you mean about showing and complaining etc?

There are some images kicking about of fluid but that was Emilio's project that he started before we began work on the skin and the skin we will be releasing has very few (if any) of those elements in it.

It's been kept under wraps to prevent lots of people chiming in and saying how they would like to see it developed. I know that gives us fewer opinions to base our decisions on but it also means we have the chance to develop something consistent that works properly and follows the goals we set out for the project.

We're in the final tidy and polish stages of development and will hopefully be able to share some more details on the skin very shortly
Ohhhhh that made me laugh so much.

1) You must have me mistaken for someone else if you think I care whether you use it or not....the negative feelings are your own for you to play with. Do us a favour "Mr 2 posts" and keep your feelings inside your head!

2) As Skunk has mentioned mate...this is the only image we have posted for this project since it's creation and, therefore, your concern about constant "we posted this....oh no we didnt" is completely unjustified and negates any credible argument you have.

3) Teasers are a natural part of the marketing process. Let's follow your flawed logic through for a second. You rent out a movie for the night. On there it shows a trailer for a movie not hitting the screens for another 7 or 8 months. Are you telling me that you're not going to the cinema to watch that movie because of any negative feelings you might have after seeing the trailer and having to wait so long. "Oh my goodness...why show me that 8 months before release...I have SO many bad feelings, I'm not going to watch that movie now...stuff 'em"

4) You want information? Good...you're not getting any. We're going to tell everyone but leave you out.

5) Stop Crying

6) We dont care...you're not paying for it, contributed nothing to it, so stop yer babbling and take off your flowery shirt!

7) We dont care AND stop crying AND take off that shirt...it's too girly for you!

Bye then!
I still can't believe boodai posted JUST to whine in this thread. As the skin developers said, they don't care if you use the skin or not. Why would you waste your time posting in a thread about something that you'll never use anyway? It'd be like me going on the Media Portal forums and throwing a fit because they're doing something I don't like, even though I have no need for their product.

Get over yourself and stop thinking that anyone cares about your whine other than you.

Can we get back to the love-fest over Fluid now? Smile
bring on the love
rofl Rolleyes

love!!!
Skin is looking good Team Fluid and looking forward to trying it out Smile

This thread has made me smile with the comedy posting hope the skin does the same Big Grin
Last week I had a weird rash on my leg that no creams from the drug store would cure. I got my hands on a copy of Fluid, applied to my leg, and it cured me 100%.

True story.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream, coming soon...7