• 2(current)
[RELEASE] VideoMonkey - a video plugin for YouTube, Dailymotion, and everything else!
dubstar you're trying to run a plugin from the scripts window. install it properly. look in the support forum stickies.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
The newest version of the plugin will be always available here >Link< (File name: VideoMonkey(current).zip)

sfaxman...
dubstar_04 Wrote:Bionic1234,

I am having trouble getting this started.

Is this only me?
Hi dubstar,
It was working for me in rev. 13988
But I updated to 14004 last night and there must have been a change to the code because it is not working any longer.
I updated to the latest VideoMonkey version, still no change.
I go back to rev. 13988 and it works well.
I am likely going to rebuild XBMC from scratch before I comment further..
sfaxman Wrote:The newest version of the plugin will be always available here >Link< (File name: VideoMonkey(current).zip)

sfaxman...

You can also use my xbmc-favorites plugin (in my sig).
At this point I'm updating everything daily. I probably won't be able to keep up this pace (because of holiday's and work), but I'll do my best to update as often as possible. I'm updating everything possible from the available SVN repositories. So all should be as up to date as possible.

Check the xbmc-favorites front page log for the latest updates...

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I would love to see a bigger support of video sites like this SMF mod has it:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/...;topicseen

Quote:YouTube (Videos|Playlists), Google Video, Dailymotion, BBC Iplayer (UK Only) , Megavideo, MetaCafe, 123video.nl, Aniboom, AOL Uncut, Archive.org, AtomFilms, AtomFilms Uploads, Bebo, Biku, Blip.tv, BoFunk.com, Break.com, BrightCove, CellFish, ClipFish.de, ClipMoon, Clipser.com, Clipshack.com, Coldlink (Anti Video Hotlinkers), CollegeHumor, ComedyCentral/TheDailyShow, Crackle.com, Crunchyroll.com, Current.com, Dailyhaha.com, Dave.tv, Deezer.com, DipVid.com, DotSub.com, DoubleViking.com, dropshots.com, dv.ouou, EbaumsWorld.com, ESPN, FunnyOrDie, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Gametrailers User Movies, Gametube.org, GameVideos, GarageTv.Be, Gloria.tv, GoEar, Glumbert, Godtube, Gofish (Videos|Channels), Guba, Hulu.com (US Only), Humour.com, IFilm, IGN, Imageshack.us, Imeem (Music|Video|Playlists), IndyaRocks, Jeux-France.com, Jokeroo.com, Jubii.co.uk, JumpCut.com, Kewego.co.uk, Koreus, Leettube.com, Libero.it, LiveLeak, LiveVideo, Machinima.com, MotionBox, MSN Live/Soapbox Video, Mofile, Mp3tube.net, Mtvu, MusOpen, MySoccerMedia, MyShows.cn, MySpaceTv, MyVideo, M Thai, OnSmash, Photobucket, Pikniktube.com, Project Playlist, PutFile, Revver, Seeqpod, Sevenload, ShareView.us, Sharkle.com, Smotri, Snotr, Spike.com, Streetfire.net, Stupidvideos.com, Tinypic.com, TrTube.com, Tu.tv, Tudou, UUME, Veoh, VideoJug.com, videotube.de, videos.sapo.pt, VideoWebTown.com, Vidiac.com, Viddler.com, Vidilife.com, VidMax.com, Vimeo.com, VSocial.com, WeGame.com, Wipido.com, Yahoo (Except HK), Yahoo HK Only, Youku.com, You.Video.Sina.com.cn...
stokedfish Wrote:I would love to see a bigger support of video sites like this SMF mod has it:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/...;topicseen

Dive into regex and start coding I'd say. The purpose of this plugin is to make it 'easy' to add sites yourself. Getting the hang of regex can take same time, but it sure is worth it Smile (I'm getting there)

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram, would it be possible for your favorites plugin to have an auto updater function, or is that out of the question? Seems like it would be very useful as there is such active development on so many of these plugins.
Hi folks,

please don't use the serach function of the ZDFmediathek page in the current version. It will hang your box.

Bye,
sfaxman
I'd like that to. It would mean the plugin would have to scan your current installation for plugins/scripts/skins, compare that with the plugins available on the server and there must be version control system of some kind.

I could add a file with a version definition in it for each plugin/script/skin, but that would mean a lot more work maintaining the files.

I also would like to add a changelog that can be viewed from the XBMC installaton. But mI really need to find the time to learn some python. Python is not very difficult to learn, but it will take some time for me to master it. Time I don't have at this moment because I'm working 60 to 70 hours a week. In a few months I'll have more time. Then I can give it a try.

If anyone else would like to play with the plugin code....be my guest!

I've added a Linux version of the plugin to my google page. If all is well with the plugin in Linux I will combine the linux and xbox version and add windows and OSX support.

To bad VideoMonkey is not working in XBMC for Linux. But that might be a XBMC for Linux flaw Smile

Bram77 Wrote:To bad VideoMonkey is not working in XBMC for Linux. But that might be a XBMC for Linux flaw Smile

Hi Bram77,

can you check if the new version (just uploaded) works under linux? Thank you in advance Nod

sfaxman...
Now with some live streams... Many will follow Wink

sfaxman...
This is definitly the best video plugin i have seen so far. I think the concept of including the videosites via config-files is brilliant. Now everyone can contribute new site and fix broken ones.

I have made one observation though:

By default VideoMonkey uses dvdplayer for all streams. This one has problems with the wmv format used by ZDF-Medithek, so u have configure mplayer
as the standard in settings.xml. On the other hand, for flv. video dvdplayer is the preferred choice, as it handles them much better.

My idea is to configure the playertype not only in the settings but also in the .cfg files. I made a quick hack so you can specify the playertype site specific by including the variable "playertype=" in the sites config file. eg. playertype=1 for mplayer.

I have uploaded the default.py here, so you can check it out.

@sfaxman
wirklich ein tolles plugin! vielleicht übernimmst du meine Änderungen in dein Script? Die Änderungen habe ich jeweils mit # HACK kommentiert.

Greetings,
funkytown
Hi funkytown,

Merci. The player is already configurable (right click -> plugin settings Cool)

Check the update >Download<

Bye,
sfaxman...
... and the ARD mediathek will be added soon Laugh

sfaxman...
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] VideoMonkey - a video plugin for YouTube, Dailymotion, and everything else!4