Ubuntu-x64 vs Ubuntu-x32 & XBMC?
Aside from the memory limitations of a 32bit vs 64bit OS. Is there any performance difference running 64bit over 32bit? I only will be using 2GB so RAM is a non issue in terms of why.
Run 32bit, 64bit is not as well supported.
I run it in a 32 bit chroot. The 32 bit version works much better than the 64 bit
No prob thats what Ive got running now and was just get feelers out if there was any benefit from 64bit
I tried the 64 bit debs. Most glaring issues were searching for samba shares did not work and no pictures or thumbs would display.
Well seeing as how 32bit ubuntu is the platform all linux devs have access too right now, it will be most stable. Claims were never made that we supported 64bit, only that it compiles and loads.
@althekiller

I wasn't bitching. I was answer the op question.
Erm I was merely giving my opinion on the question at hand. IMO if you have to ask this question you should clearly go with the dev recommendations all the way.
oh no sweat, I figured the 32 was the better of the 2 but just wanted to get some feelers if others had any gains with 64. Thanks all for the remarks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu-x64 vs Ubuntu-x32 & XBMC?0