Skin problems on 1024x768 TVs
I'm posting this in two places because I think it's not merely a skin problem but something that may need addressing in the non-Xbox builds of XBMC so feel free to delete one or the other.

Firstly some screens to show you the problem.

TV Shows on Xbox set to 720p -

TV Shows on PC set to 1024x768 -

Music Files on Xbox set to 720p -

Music Files on PC set to 1024x768 -

Both the Xbox and PC are connected to a widescreen plasma TV with a resolution of 1024x768. I think the problem stems from the fact that XBMC sees the resolution of 1024x768 as being for a 4:3 monitor with a PAR of 1:1 whereas that resolution on a TV has a PAR of 1:33.

I tried to set XBMC to 'Widescreen' in the System Settings but it's been removed.
Would adding this option back in sort the problem out or is it matter of adding more resolutions to the build?

eg 1024x768 (4:3), 1024x768 (16:9), etc.

Or adding some option to the skins themselves?
There is no way currently to set a non 1:1 PAR for the UI without some trickery. You can see whether or not your resolution details are saved in userdata/guisettings.xml - if it is, you may be able to alter it in there - it's worth a shot, anyway.

It should work fine for video though, as video uses the calibrated pixel aspect.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin problems on 1024x768 TVs0