xbmc resolution in xmonad
Hello,
i hope this is the right place to post bugs.

I am using the newest svn build of the linux port at time of writing on debian testing with xmonad + xmobar. My xserver runs at 1900x1200.

The problem i'm experiencing occurs when i don't run xbmc in full screen mode, but when i set the resolution to auto or any other resolution that is not fullscreen. When i set the resolution to auto and start xbmc under xmonad in tiled full mode (all windows are stretched to fill the entire screen), then xbmc runs in what looks like 1024x786 and the rest of the screen is black. When i shift the window in some way (f. ex. change desktop) it gets set to the right resolution. This only occurs when i use xmobar (a status bar for xmonad). If i don't use xmobar, the resolution is set correctly and the window is actually started in fullscreen mode.

This is mostly an issue when i start up xbmc. The bug also occurs when i use the image viewer. The pictures are shown in the right resolution, but when i exit a slideshow or a single image the resolution is set incorrectly as mentioned above.

I think this is a bug in xbmc, since i never had a problem with any other 3D apps or video players.
stoove Wrote:i hope this is the right place to post
Nope, not the right place to post (the development forum is for developers only).

Moving to the end-user support forum.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc resolution in xmonad0