IMDB scraper not parsing anything (details are blank)
Hello,

The IMDB scraper is no longer parsing movie informations for me. If I refresh the movie information for, e.g. "Rambo" (which it parsed just fine a few weeks ago), it is querying IMDB but it doesn't parse any information from IMDB (cover is empty, plot is empty, everything is empty). The only information I get is the path to the file.

SVN Revision: 18334 (VDPAU-branch)
Distribution: Gentoo
Architecture: x86
Install method: Gentoo ebuild
debug.log: http://pastebin.com/f2c0732b7

On some movies, it doesn't even find the right page at IMDB. For example, I downloaded the 1080p trailer for Quantum of Solace and saved it in a folder "Quantum.Of.Solace.1080p" . The scraper is unable to find any information on IMDB at all. XBMC asks me to manually specify the movie name. If I add a Movie.nfo with the IMDB-url in it, I get the same behaviour as with Rambo.

Edit: See my post #5 for the relation to a curl-update
same issue here on gentoo amd64 here is my log as well. http://pastebin.com/m67ed1c99
If I'm not mistaken, the access to IMDB is no longer provided since it violates IMDB copyright policy. I guess the IMDB is still listed as an 'information source' in that menu, but don't think it does anything now. I might be wrong though...

Vlad
The IMDb scraper was re-enabled and seems to be working fine.
Both flicks are getting scraped correctly here using a 32bit Ubuntu installation. You guys are using some kind of Proxy service?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm not using any proxies. The TMDB and TVDB scrapers are working fine for me, for some reason it's just the IMDB scraper.
If I use the scrap.exe tool in the svn-repo and run it through wine like that:
Code:
wine scrap.exe imdb.xml "Quantum.Of.Solace"
GetSearchResults returns a proper list of movies and GetDetails seems fine, too. The only error the scrap.exe gives me is this:
Code:
GetMoviePlot returned :
Error: Unable to parse GetMoviePlot.xml
Any idea what I could try to help track down the issue?

Edit: I was going through my logs and noticed that I updated to curl-7.19.4 a couple of days ago. I downgraded to curl-7.19.3 and recompiled xbmc. The IMDB scraper is working again with this old version of curl. However, curl-7.19.3 has a vulnerability and is therefor no longer available through gentoo's default package repositories, see: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/adv_20090303.html
Should I open a ticket on trac to report a bug with xbmc and curl-7.19.4?
Scrap.exe is known not to be working correctly as its completely unmaintained. There are some curl related fixes that hit svn lately. Mind trying those before posting a new bug report?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The curl-related patches haven't been committed to the vdpau-branch yet. I'll wait for motd2k to merge linuxport into the vdpau-branch and see if this solves the issues.

Edit: motd2k has merged in a revision of linuxport with the curl-related fixes. Seems to be working again with curl-7.19.4!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scraper not parsing anything (details are blank)0