simultaneous hdmi and analogue?
I have XBMC connected to my Onkyo receiver via HDMI, works great. Just installed a set of Zone 2 speakers in my kitchen. The receiver can only route analogue sources to Zone 2, bummer. I'd like to have music and what not both in the living room and the kitchen at the same time. So, is it possible to have XBMC route all sound to both the HDMI and analogue outputs at the same time? Some kind of ALSA or Pulse fu?

John
This has nothing to do with XBMC and everything to do with your audio card. I can tell you right now though that a lot of manufacturers do not permit this because of the DMCA.
[Edit: Somehow I replied to the wrong post.]

[Edit 2: However, while I'm here... yes, it's definitely possible to output to both simultaneously. See here, for example.]

[Edit 3: Also, smcnally75, I don't really understanding what you're getting at here. Yes, they use the DMCA as a tool to prevent users from increasing functionality in a bid to force us to buy more expensive products that aren't superficially gimped, but the DMCA is not the cause, merely the instrument. In any case, if he sets up .asoundrc properly he shouldn't have an issue.]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
simultaneous hdmi and analogue?0