Solved Passthrough to receiver not working anymore
I have latest Kodi, Win10 Pro, HDMI output to receiver.

I have set wasapi-marantz audio output (for both options), 7.1 decoding, matching output, enabled pass through and enabled ALL codecs, as all are supported by my receiver.
Exclusive audio mode is enabled in Windows.

Audio pass through worked fine for years, my receivers (old and new) detected audio input correctly (DTS, TrueHD ...).

Now this does not work anymore. My receiver now displays incoming audio as Multi-in (rather than DTS,...), which i assume is not correct pass through, but Kodi does the decoding instead.

The only thing i changed from before is new version of Kodi and update of Intel HD audio drivers. And a new TV, but that shouldn't matter.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey Orbitman, you seam to be having the same problem like me. 

Specs: HTPC with Windows 10 (DCH driver)
GPU: HD630 (core i5 7th gen) 
Connection: HDMI to Denon Receiver (same company as Marantz)
Soundoutput: WASAPI
Screenmode: Fullscreen
Use Fullscreen Window: On

In general Passthrough works, but when I start a Video with any Multi-channel setup which is encoded in DTS(TrueHD), DD(+) the Receiver will just jump to "Multi in". But if the video has got multiple language tracks (like Amazon Prime content via the Kodi Addon) it is possible to switch tracks to get passthrough to work correctly. So the error seams to be the initial passthrough for the video.

If I switch "Use Fullscreen Window" to Off, passthrough works correctly even when I initially play the video (without switching language tracks).

Hope this helps, if someone has got an idea why "Use Fullscreen window" has this effect on the passthrough, it would be interesting to here/read.
(2019-09-25, 19:40)canib Wrote: "Use Fullscreen Window" to Off

This immediately remedies the issue! It is interesting how it used to work before with "Use Fullscreen Window: On". In my case it could be the result of updating Intel HD audio driver or something related to changes in output resolution (new TV - UHD resolution instead of FHD before).  Thank you @canib .

@Karellen: Posting full debug log is extremely impractical for me with it being almost 4MB long and full with sensitive data. Thank you, nevertheless.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough to receiver not working anymore0