List filling question
I am trying to develop a skin that is more mouse or pointer friendly, especially from a distance and without keyboard access. The normal functionality of XBMC while the user is searching through the video library is to have a folder directory structure with the categories a level above the videos. The navigation between different sections is limited and clumsy with a mouse. It would be more functional for my purposes to have separate buttons that would change the elements and layout of a list. For example, I would be looking through my movies then decide that I wanted to watch an action flick. I would click the genre button and the list of films would change to a list of genres.

The problem I am having with implementing this feature is that the list is automatically generated when opening the video library window. The only way that I can tell to get the list contents to change is to reload the entire window with a different quickpath. It would also work to have separate lists that are only visible under the right conditions, but I have not seen any examples of how to set the content of a list from the library without having it done automatically when opening a window. Is it possible to set the contents of a dynamic list in the skin?

A secondary concern of mine is the inclusion of the parent directory path in the lists. If I can get the first part working efficiently these are unnecessary and aesthetically unpleasing. Is there a way to filter out some members of a list?
Disable parent path items in settings (appearance).

And do it with quickpaths as you have said.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is there anyway to disable the window swapping if its a quickpath from the same media window to the same media window?

eg from video year to video rating
or from a folder of your movies to a another folder of your movies?
Not currently. I suggest a new builtin to handle that.

There's already container.refresh, so we could do container.refresh(path) if that is suitable.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

This would be great.

Another suggestion that goes with this is something I would have allways loved. A way for a container content to be able to grab all the folders from within a path and add a series of container.refresh(paths) so it would dynamically be able to have quick links to folders one adds under say F:/Games..... then it would it add links if I had a folder F:/Games/EMU and F:/Games/APPS it would add those 2 folders and if they werent there it wouldnt.
So the suggestion in is in the Content tag in Containers be able to add "Create.RefreshPaths(Path)"

Cheers all
Added to linuxport rev 14064.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List filling question0